Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Star Light...Star Bright

My day was amazing! Work was awesome. I honestly believe it’s all about the mind set you go into work with. If you have a positive attitude, you’re shift is going to be great. If you go in thinking about how long you have to dump trash and when your next break is going to be, and how hot it is outside, you’re going to be miserable. But anyway…
I went to bed last night at which is like super early for me these days so I woke up this morning at wide awake! So I started my laundry that needed to be done. And apparently college kids don’t know what dryer lint is. I pulled and cleaned the lint thingy out and I did it for all three of the dryers and seriously, I could have made a blanket with all the lint I pulled out. It was ridiculous.
I worked today. I’m back to loving streets. I know, I know, I’m bipolar when it comes to my job. Lol. I guess I should say I love Adventure land/Liberty Square streets (or AdLib as we call it). So I clocked in and was told to take over Aloha zone in Adventure land. This is the area in front of the Aloha pineapple dole whip place. I really really like this zone. It was super easy and I also like it because part of this zone stretches to Main Street. So I got to watch part of Dream Along with Mickey. The only thing that sucks about this zone is that it has a smoking section. So I had to clean out the ash trays which are a pain in the butt (no pun intended lol) and it stinks like none other. The other thing that really sucks about Aloha zone is that everyone is walking around with a Dole Whip and all you want is to eat one! It’s like everyone is dangling them in front of you and torturing you on purpose. Lol. But another thing I like about this zone is that when someone calls you on the radio you get to say “Aloha this is Megan” hehe.
Then I took my 15 minute break and was deployed to the Riverwalk zone in Liberty Square. This is the area next to the river boat and it also includes all the trash cans on the boat. But luckily for me, the river boat was closed today and half of the cans in this zone are located on the boat, so I had a grand total of 7 cans. I pulled some of my cans and then it was time for track talk which took 15 minutes today so that was nice. And then I went back to pulling the rest of my cans which took 10 minutes. And I saw Heather and Maria! I have the best roomies ever. J But then I was bored out of my mind! Riverwalk is a very small zone and not busy at all. I finished pulling my trash by and didn’t have to pull it again until close which is at ! It was ridiculous. So I pretty much sweep a little and stood there. I found out that if you just stand in one place and smile, people will bombard you with questions. I love it. Disney guest are the best! J And I will never get tired of pin trading with kids. And it amazes me how polite some kids are. They say ma’am and thank me even if I don’t have anything they want. As one little boy was trading with me today, I asked him if he was going to watch the fireworks and he said “yep, they’re going to start any minute in front of Cinderella’s castle and they’re going to be amazing”. It was super cute. At one point while I was sweeping I looked up and the sky was absolutely beautiful. Now mind you, it was a flippin’ perfect day! I think it got to the upper 70’s today. And the wind wasn’t blowing too hard and it was just beautiful. But when I saw the sky I couldn’t help but just stop right where I was and thank God again (because I thank him many many times a day) for this incredible opportunity and to be living in such a pretty state and be working in the most magical place on earth. He never ceases to amaze me with what He’s doing in my life!
So even though time was going by super slow in this zone, I’m was trying to keep the positive attitude I had all day and not think about how slow time was going by. The Riverwalk zone is positioned to where if I stand in the right area I can see down to the hub in front of the castle and I can see the top of the castle. So as I was bored out of my mind and going crazy from making the same dang circle over and over again, I was thinking that when rolled around I could walk up a little ways out of my zone and try to see part of the Magic, the Memories, and You show. (That’s one reason why I love custodial; you can pretty much go wherever you want when you want.) I really wanted to try to see this show because I had never seen it before and I had heard it was really good. And let me tell ya, from the very little that I saw, it’s amazing! I had heard that people weren’t thrilled about this show when it was first announced because they thought Disney was just going to put a bunch of pictures on the castle and that would be it. Well people should know that Disney delivers. This isn’t just some slide show projected onto the castle. Yes, pictures taken in the park that day are projected on the castle, but the lighting makes it amazing. I really can’t even describe it. It’s just really freaking cool. And at the end a small video clip of Walt is up on the castle. And yes, when this happened I started to tear up. Don’t judge me. Lol. So after that was over I knew Wishes would be starting soon and I really wanted to watch that too. Or at least the beginning because the song is my favorite part. So I went back to my zone where I was supposed to be to watch Wishes because the audio plays over the whole park. It’s pretty cool because it seems like the whole park, guest and cast members, tend to stop and watch. Wishes will never get old. And yes, I teared up during it as well. Lol. Which is kind of weird because I didn’t tear up the first time I saw it a couple nights ago. I guess it all depends on my frame of mind at the time. Lol.
So after all the tearful rejoicing about being at Disney, I closed out my zone which I really tried to drag out because I still had 45 minutes until I could clock out. So I slowly dumped my trash and really enjoyed listening to the post wishes music and having that side of the park all to myself. Then it was finally time for me to clock out! And this is where a really good day was ruined…
I don’t know if I’ve explained this, but when you work at MK you have to take a bus from the tunnels to West Clock (the cast parking lot) and from West Clock the CP’s catch the housing bus. Well, there are so many dang CP’s and we ALL close so we all go home at the SAME time! And the housing buses come every 20 minutes which can feel like a life time after you’ve been on your feet working all day. So when I get off the cast member bus there is already a line of about 50 CP’s waiting for the bus. And about 50 more show up while we’re waiting. So when the bus finally arrives things go absolutely insane. People literally start sprinting to the bus! And when they get to the bus they start shoving! Like hard core, let me on the bus, shoving. So I’m just trying to not get trampled and I’ve had such a good day that I really won’t mind if I have to wait for the next bus. But it would be really nice if I could get on this one. And what do you know, I was the last person let on the bus. I had to stand, but I was on and that’s all that mattered. I have never seen a bus so crammed before.
But over all it was a fantastic day. I have the next two days off and I’m super duper excited about that!
Keeping everyone back home in my prayers as you all are buried under 2+ feet of snow. Stay warm!

I have the Wishes theme song stuck in my head and I love it. Something great to go to bed to. J

3 comments:

  1. Snowed in with cayden and Josh so it's not to bad. Except the drive home from work yesterday morning. Glad you had a good day. Good luck with auditions! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we would be enjoying our snow days more if the boys weren't sick. We are making the most of it though. Going to go out and get some snow later to make snow cream. Otherwise, we are just staying in.

    Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally made snow ice cream the last two days and played in the snow. Still jealous of the temps there. Glad your having a great time.

    ReplyDelete