Sunday, February 13, 2011

ER = Amazingness

When I got to work I went to print off my schedule for the next two weeks and I was supposed to be in Frontier Land streets today, but saw that the last half of my shift I was going to be in restrooms. I was super happy about that. So I went to Track Talk and then I was put in Pecos zone which I really don’t like, but it wasn’t too bad today. I pulled my trash and it was already time for my break. The first two hours of my shift went by really fast. Then I was deployed to Golden Oaks zone and I was seriously there for 10 minutes because it was time for me to go to restrooms. Well I went to CDS to see which restroom and it told me to take over Splash Que. So I called my coordinator and was like what am I supposed to do. She told me to go ahead and go to the Splash restroom. So I’m in the supply closet getting ready to go clean the restroom and I’m all happy because I get to spend the rest of my shift in a restroom and then my coordinator calls me. And she tells me that the manager took me out of restrooms and put me back onto streets and I’m supposed to go cover shooting zone. I’m like are you for real? Get my hopes up and then just smash them. Lol. But shooting is a really easy zone so I was ok. Except for when I got bored out of my mind. MK had extra magic hours tonight which means it was really slow. I pulled my trash out of boredom and swept up leaves because I had nothing better to do. So I went to CDS and requested an ER (with little hope of actually getting it) because at this point it was only and I didn’t get off until flippin’ . There was no way I could walk around that zone doing nothing for 2 hours without going mad.
So after I made my request I went back out to sweep up nothing and made my first magical moment! This little girl with her mom and dad came up and pin traded with me and while I was doing it this other little girl was watching. When the first girl left the other girl came up to me and pointed to my sleeping beauty pin and said she wanted it. She was about 5or 6 and at this point I could tell she didn’t have any pins of her own to trade. I don’t think she knew you were supposed to trade in order to get a pin. And I could tell her parents didn’t care. They were sitting in the corner smoking and barley paying attention. I couldn’t look at her and tell her she couldn’t have the pin because she didn’t have one to trade back so I just gave it to her. She was so happy and was really excited to show it off. But now I have to go to the custodial office tomorrow and get another pin because I’m now one short. Lol.
Speaking of pins…early in my shift I was talking to two other custodial guys and we were talking about our own personal collections and what kind of pins we collected. I told them I’m collecting Figment and one of they guys was like “the most underrated Disney character”. And then he told me horrible news (that I’m not 100% sure if it’s true or not)…he told me that the reason why Duffy the stupid Disney bear is so big right now at Epcot is because they’re trying to phase out Figment. I was like OMG that’s awful! I love Figment! He’s like the mascot for imagination. So I’m definitely going to have to collect everything Figment while I can.
But anyway…after my magical moment my radio rang and I was hoping that I got my ER, but it was just time for my break. After my break I got a task to go pick planters. Which I didn’t do, I just sat in the break room until my 15 minutes of tasking was up. lol. Then I went back to CDS to see what I was supposed to do next and it said it was time for my bumpout and I just thought I was actually going to the restrooms this time. But no! I got to clock out!!! I got my ER! YAY! It was pretty much the best thing ever.
So I came home and fixed homemade fettuccine alfredo and it was delicious. I’m kind of surprising myself at how well I can cook. Lol.
Working tomorrow in the restrooms. Woo Hoo. J

No comments:

Post a Comment