Sunday, February 13, 2011

All Work and No Play...

Yesterday I didn’t go in until . I was going to go to Hollywood and Property Control, but it didn’t happen. I slept in too late to go to Studios and Property Control is closed on the weekends. My days are so messed up. I got up yesterday and asked Heather what channel the Price is Right is on (because we always watch Lets Make a Deal and then the Price is Right) and she was like, “Megan it’s Saturday”. I was like omg. Lol.
Work was ok. I was put in Peter Pan restroom. That seems to be my restroom. I’ve been in there 3 times in a row now. And as soon as I walked in one of the stalls “exploded”. It was awful. These people are disgusting. The lady who was in there with me was like “well now you’ll have something to go home and tell your mom”. I was like, “I worked in a daycare, this doesn’t bother me”. lol.
The park was so flippin’ busy yesterday! Especially the West. Since they closed down Toontown, they had to move Mickey and Minnie, all the princesses, and the fairies. Well they moved the fairies to Epcot. But they moved Mickey and Minnie and they Princesses all the West side. I was like, really? I liked my calm west side. Mickey and Minnie are supposed to be over by Space Mountain in Tomorrow Land, but I guess they are now making appearances at the Hall of Presidents in
Liberty Square
and at Splash Mountain in Frontier Land (I’ve heard they’ve got really cute cowboy and cowgirl outfits for when they’re over at Splash). And then they’ve moved the Princesses over to the Veranda (the breezeway that kind of ties all three lands together). Yah, we thought that bathroom was busy before. And it was a short cut, but we can’t cross over there anymore. So needless to say, the West side has just become guest central.
I was so exhausted after my shift. I love bathrooms, but they can be exhausting because you’re constantly doing something. Then it was time to wait for the bus. I was lucky because we got an awesome bus driver who stopped at West Clock first and then the TTC. Yay! I hope they make that a permanent change, because that’s the way it should be. Pick up the people who worked all day first, and the people who played all day second.
I didn’t get home until . My roommates were asleep so I sat in the kitchen and made a grilled cheese and drank CapriSun. And it was the most delicious grilled cheese ever.
So I don’t go in until tonight. And I really was going to get up and go somewhere, but once again…that didn’t happen. It sucks, I get home so late and go to bed so late that by the time I get up in the morning (or afternoon) there’s not enough time to go do anything or I’m too tired. So I’m really looking forward to my days off. And I’m going to have to really enjoy this week because my schedule next week is horrendous!
Here’s the rest of this week:
Monday – RR
Tuesday – ST
Wednesday – OFF
Thursday – OFF
Friday –
Saturday – 10:15-4:15 (yay!) ST
And then it goes completely down hill…
Sunday – (IN THE MORNING!) ST
Monday – (IN THE MORNING) ST
Tuesday – (12 hour shift!) ST
Wednesday – OFF
Thursday – OFF
Friday – ST
Saturday – ST
I saw all of that this morning and was like are you flippin’ kidding me? in the morning?!?! I guess that’s what I get for wanting to work at the Magic Kingdom. Here’s a tip for anyone who ever wants to do this program: Don’t request to work at a park unless you’re crazy. Especially your favorite park because you’re there all the time so on your days off you don’t want to go there. And the hours suck. And another thing that sucks about next week’s schedule is that I’m in the streets all week. I don’t have a single Restroom shift. Ugh.
I’m home sick. Part of me just wants to go home. But I know I would miss it here and I don’t want to quit. I think it’s just because it’s so different than what I was expecting. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s great here and I am having fun. And I love meeting new people and adding a new chapter to my life and stepping out of my comfort zone. It’s just so different and I’m such a home body that it’s difficult for me. And I’m so use to having a routine and a set schedule and everything being organized and I don’t have that here. And I miss all my friends and 20 park! I miss my church group and my support. I feel like I’m all alone here.
I’m sure this is just a phase. Everything will get better. I’m in Disney for crying out loud. J

2 comments:

  1. I wondered when this moment would come. Actually, you've done pretty well to not get down sooner. But, you're right, it will pass, and this is a decision you will never regret. You are on an amazing journey, but no journey is ever perfect, or even turns out like you expected. That's what makes it so much fun. You are loved. You are missed. You are special. And you are right where you are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with dad. I knew it would come. It did for me at college 5 hours away from everyone. You will make it through and you will not only be stronger for it, but you will have learned something from it AND you'll be so glad you didn't leave.

    But.....4:00 a.m.??? REALLY?!?!?! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete