Friday, February 25, 2011

Clean Apartment.Fastest Shift Ever

So Heather and I had to get up at flippin’ this morning for the flippin’ cleaning people. They didn’t even show up until . It was two people and they cleaned everything. They cleaned our bathrooms from top to bottom, they vacuumed, they sanitized the empty bed, they cleaned the whole kitchen, and they swept and mopped, took out the trash, and wiped down everything. It was kind of awkward to just sit there and watch TV while they cleaned. But our apartment is spotless now and smells amazing. When they left I went back to bed for a bit before I had to go into work.
I worked at today, but I had to go to costuming first. I’m tired of washing and trying to get the stains out of my uniforms so I’ve decided to just take them to costuming and get new ones and let them worry about getting the stains out. It doesn’t cost me anything to do it this way whereas I was paying a dollar a load to wash them myself. Much smarter to take them to costuming. And I had to get a new pouch as well since I ripped mine last week.
So we were way overstaffed when I got to work so I was tasking until Track Talk at and then I was put in Sleepy zone for literally 10 minutes before I got my first break. Then I was assigned to pick up parade clean up and 6:30. I knew if I was assigned clean up for the first parade I would be on duty for the second parade as well. (Every day this week we’ve had two Electrical parades; one at and one at ). I love parade clean up now and here’s why; I was assigned this at even though the parade doesn’t even start ‘till on Main Street which means it doesn’t even start to hit Liberty Square until and doesn’t get through Frontier Land until . Which means I had and hour to do nothing and watch the parade. When we finally got to clean up I was on power vac again which I now love because it’s so easy. And then we go up and down the street until the fireworks start. Then we self break until when the second parade starts. So I got to watch Wishes and do nothing for another hour. Then we cleaned up after the second parade and dumped the vacs then it was time to clock out. Never has a shift gone by so fast ever. I was in a zone for 10 minutes and then pretty much did nothing the rest of the time. Who ever says custodial is hard is a flat out liar. Nothing about our job, except maybe lifting heavy trash containers, is hard.
Our new roommate moves in tomorrow. If she shows up before I’m really planning on not getting up. I’m so exhausted from having to get up early this morning. I’ll just meet her whenever I get up. lol. Except she is going to be moving all her crap into my room while I’m trying to sleep. =/ ugh…I’m not looking forward to this. I just hope she’s now a psycho and doesn’t snore.

No comments:

Post a Comment