Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Again...this is yesterdays (Saturday the 6th) post:
I didn’t have to go into today so I had a bunch of free time this morning. And I did absolutely nothing. It was fantastic. Well I take that back, I did do a load of laundry. And I watched Friends and took a nap. I did finally go to costuming today and get the right size pants. I was wearing an 8 (in Disney sizes) when I should actually be wearing a 4. So I can cross that off my to do list.
It was sprinkling when I went into work today, but nothing horrible. But I decided to put on my jacket because I thought I was cold. Well that was the biggest mistake in the world. I have never been any where as humid as Florida. So by the time my first break was up I was sweating to death just from the humidity. I was put in Jungle zone which is the Jungle Cruise Que and the surrounding area. Then I was in Sleepy zone which is the area surrounding Sleepy Hollow. It’s the only place you can get a funnel cake in the Magic Kingdom. Sleepy is also a busing area so not only do you have to pull trash, you have to keep all the tables clean. And funnel cakes are sooo messy! I was in Sleepy from to so I got to watch the electrical parade, MMY (the Magic, the Memories, and You) and Wishes because Sleepy sits right next to the castle on the other side of the moat so it was crazy busy. And it started to rain right after Wishes was over. And sweeping up wet trash is not the easiest thing to do!
Just like yesterday I was scheduled an hour and half after the park closed which means I was bored out of my mind for the last two hours of my shift. MK didn’t close until 10 tonight. So I pretty much walked around and did nothing and got paid for it. I clocked out the minute I could at and rushed to the bus because the next A bus left at . Well I rushed for nothing because I made it in time for the bus, but the there wasn’t any room so I had to wait for the next one. And even though the buses run every 20 minutes, when you’re that tired it feels like hours. And I’m not even joking. Grandma is sending me a foot massager thingy next week and I can’t wait! Lol.
Another cute kid story: today in Sleepy there was this cute little boy who was about 3 and he was from England so is accent made him even cuter. While I was busing tables his mom was like “look she’s cleaning” so he grabbed a napkin and started to help me. And then he got the biggest thrill out of putting his napkin in my pan. It was super adorable.
So one thing that I really enjoy is when people call me by my name. Like today a lady was looking at my pins and when she was done she said “thank you Megan” and yesterday while I was doing trash in Splash this group of guys were horse playing in line and one guy was like “Dudes, look out, Megan is trying to do her job”. Lol. Sometimes when people I don’t know say my name I have to remind myself that I have a nametag on.
I’m starting to get into a routine of things. Not quite, but almost. I feel like I’ve already been here forever and it hasn’t even been 3 weeks! When I stop and think about it, it’s still hard to believe that I’m actually living on my own. That I’m living in an apartment, paying rent, buying my own groceries, and doing things on my own. It’s weird. I miss home terribly, but I wouldn’t trade the experience I’m having for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment