Sunday, February 6, 2011

Clever Title

I didn’t go into today. It was a bit ridiculous. I’m so not use to these weird times. So needless to say I got a bit bored at the apartment today. I should of planned better and went to a park or something before work. But instead I stayed at home in my PJs. I did clean though. I cleaned the kitchen, took the trash out, got the mail (our main gate passes came in today which means I can get people into the parks now) and went to the front desk and rented a broom so I could sweep our nasty floor. Our kitchen has tile and our living room is hard wood floor. And then after I cleaned as much as I could in the kitchen and living room, I cleaned my side of the bedroom and I still had 3 hours until I had to leave for work. So I colored and ate out of boredom. I had a huge bowl of pasta when I woke up, a grilled cheese later on, a cup of pudding, snacked on some chips, and then ate two toaster studdles before I got on the bus. I’ve got to start doing something with my time.
I had restrooms today. Yay! I don’t see how people can complain about restrooms; they’re so flippin’ easy. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve worked in daycare and could care less about cleaning up after people or what. I heard another cast member say in regards to the restrooms that girls have more mess, but guys have bigger mess. Which I totally agree with. In the women’s restrooms we have paper everywhere, sanitary bags, and little boys who pee all over the seats, but in the guys restroom you have pee everywhere and old men who apparently can’s hit the toilet. I’ve already heard horror stories about the guy’s bathrooms. Lol. But I was put in the Pan/CHH restrooms today. The same ones I was in the other night. And speaking of working at daycare…I was thankful for my daycare experiences today because I had my first, as we like to call them, “explosion”. I won’t go into detail. You can use your imagination. Lol. But it didn’t even faze me. You just clean it up and move along. They put another girl with me to be my “assistant” which was stupid because Pan really doesn’t need two people. We were so bored after a while.
One thing I noticed or didn’t notice rather, the other night when I was in Pan restroom was that there was no background music like there is everywhere else in the park. (Each land had “theme” music that they play. Frontier land – hoedown music; Liberty Square – old timey marching music; Adventure land – jungle/tiki music ect.) But I definitely noticed it tonight. Pan sits in Fantasy, but is a west bathroom for some reason. So in Fantasy land they play music that I can only describe as yodeling/polka music. It’s by far the most annoying. It’s constantly playing and for some reason every now and then it would blare really loud in the bathroom tonight. I have no idea what was wrong or if it was supposed to do that or what. It wasn’t that bad when the restroom was busier because the flushing toilets drowned it out, but towards the end of the night when no one was in there it was super flippin’ loud.
Tonight while I was cleaning toilets (and I can’t help but think of Cinderella every time I bend over a toilet) a lady stopped me, touched my arm, and said “I bet you don’t get told thank you a lot so thank you”. It was really sweet and made my night.
So I timed my 15 minute break just right so I would be walking back while Wishes was starting so I could sing (even though I sing wherever I am when it’s going on anyway). And I got back to my bathroom and saw the other girl who was with me standing outside watching. I felt like a big idiot for not doing that the other night when I was stuck in this bathroom. It didn’t even cross my mind to go outside and watch. For some reason I thought I had to stay in the bathroom which is so not true. So I stood outside and watched as well. And then another custodian came up and walked us over to where we could see them better. And I now have a new favorite place to watch Wishes. Next to the carousel in Fantasy land. It’s right behind the castle. From here it’s kind of like surround sound. The fireworks are bigger and louder because they are shot off right behind fantasy land and you get fireworks in front of you and behind you; the fireworks shot off backstage and the ones shot off from the castle. It was super cool. So that’s my new spot. Lol. 
I finished in Pan by myself and got super bored again like the other night. I was scheduled until . The park closed at 8, but we had Extra Magic Hours (EMH) until 11. So I tried to keep myself busy and finally my shift was over. It’s so weird coming home at from work.
Tomorrow is going to be craaazzyyy at t MK. Apparently the Packers are the grand marshals in the parade. I’m going to be in the restrooms so I’ll be able to miss some of the craziness. But there are going to be so many people in the park.
I went to go set my alarm for tomorrow and noticed that all my alarm times have changed to afternoon times. Back home it was , , and now it’s , , and . Lol.
Toontown officially closes on the 11th. I’m planning on going and visiting before then. We’re going to be the last people to ever see it. It super sad, but I’m so excited for the new Fantasy land expansion. They’ve got new banners in the tunnels advertising it. They are adding so much. It’s going to be awesome when it’s all said and done.
This experience is something else. Either you’re going to love it or hate it. Most people who come into the college program think it’s going to be all play. Well that is so not true. We are here to work. And believe me, we work our butts off. A lot of participants go home because they don’t realize that how much work we do. It’s an internship people. Don’t get me wrong, there is time to play, but not as much as most people think.
Maria, Heather, and I all have Wednesday off. So after my audition we’re going to hit up the park and play until we drop! J

1 comment:

  1. So love hearing about your days and experiences. Can't wait to hear all about auditions cause I know you will be amazing! Have fun on your day off. When are you cheating on Disney and checking out Harry Potter at that OTHER park? ;-)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete