Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I’m a Great Service Fanatic! What now!!

I had a great shift at work tonight (Monday). I didn’t think it was going to be that good with the way my night started out. I decided to take the bus so I would be at work early enough to change because my last clean costume was in my locker. So I the bus pulls up at and I get on and see the bus driver (one of the one’s I don’t like in the first place) get off the bus with his lunch pail. And I’m thinking to myself, I hope you can eat in 3 minutes. Um no, we sat there for 20 minutes! Finally one girl gets off the bus and goes to the dispatcher and told him this bus was supposed to leave a long time ago and know we’re all going to be late. So after another 5 minutes of waiting the dispatcher himself gets on the bus and drives us to West Clock. I hope the other driver gets fired! There a bus schedule for a reason people! So I got to work with 15 minutes to change. And because my custodial locker is on the other side of the planet I didn’t have time to go get my pan and broom. So I just jacked somebody else’s. Mine gets jacked all the time now. I was like real protective of my pan and broom until it got jacked the first time. Now I could care less. There are pan and brooms all over backstage. But it is kind of nice to have one that you’ve already broke in.
So I was in Adventure land today. Yay! I was first put in Tiki/Sunshine. Then I tasked for 30 minutes and closed out Aloha. One thing I hate is getting a new assignment. It’s like playing Russian roulette. When you push that “Get Assignment” button, you never know what you’re going to get. I think I seriously hold my breath every time I have to push it. Lol.
So my shift was going great until I got a call on my radio. I was in Aloha and you know I love answering the radio when I have Aloha. Lol. So I said “Aloha, this is Megan” and on the other end this is what I get, “First of all, you don’t have to yell into the radio”. I thought it was one of the guys who likes to give me a hard time so I said “well my bad”, but after he told me to self break and close my zone, I realized it was one the coordinators. And after I realized that I was pissed. Just because after he told I didn’t have yell into the radio, he paused for me to respond. I thought that was a bit ridiculous. And I didn’t yell into the radio to begin with! I was just simply responding. Geez louise!
So here’s my embarrassing moment…actually I have two. So I’m sitting in the Sleepy break room on my break and these two cast members come in (who aren’t custodial) and ask if we have a wall clock. Everyone’s said no, but I was like yes, and pointed to the clock above the CDS computer. Well apparently wall clocks in Disney terms are the machines on the wall where you have to swipe your cast member ID to clock out. Well I didn’t know that. I figured a wall clock is a wall clock! A clock that hangs on the wall. Lol. So I embarrassed myself in front of like 10 people. I can’t tell you how red I turned. And my other story is when I was closing out Aloha and I had to go down stairs to dump my bagged trash. Well I was pushing my dolly through the tunnels and there were people in front of me so I scooted against the wall to squeeze past them. Well there were hooks on the wall and my side bag got caught on one and all I heard was this awful ripping noise. And sure enough I almost completely tore off one of the loops on my bad. Fan-freaking-tastic. Which means I now have to go to costuming and get a new and hope they don’t charge me for the one I pretty much destroyed. Lol.
So around I was completely done with my zone and went to sit in Sleepy to waste time until I could leave. Well the coordinator came up to me and asked me if I could help him with something and of course I said yes, and I guess whoever did recycling didn’t do it so we had to. Now recycling takes 2 hours to do because you have to pull every recycle can in Frontier land, Liberty Square, and Adventure land. Which I think is about 40 cans all together. So the coordinator and I were working together and my manager had two other guys with her helping. We did a 2 hour recycle run in 30 minutes! Now mind you, there were no guest in the park to get in the way and there was more than one of us doing it. But still! It was crazy that we did it that fast. But because we all helped when we didn’t have to, our manager gave us all Great Service Fanatic cards. These are cards any cast member can get for going “Above and Beyond”. It’s really hard to get them in custodial because we pretty much work alone and no one usually sees us going above and beyond unless a guest tells our manager. So it’s kind of a big deal to get one when you’re a custodian. It was pretty exciting. Mine said “For doing a quick recycle run when not assigned to do so and doing it with a smile”. And yes, mine was the only one that said “with a smile”. I made the other two guys let me read theirs. Lol. I didn’t have to ride the bus. Yay! One of my co-workers who extended his CP program gave me and some other people a ride. I got home at the same time the bus did, but it was nice not to have to ride it.

No comments:

Post a Comment