Friday, February 4, 2011

This is not a Figment of My Imagination!

So this was supposed to be posted last night becuase this is yesterday's (Thursdays) post. But for some reason my computer won't connect to our router. So I gave up trying last night and now I have to post it this morning. Which is really bugging me becuase the date won't line up with the the date that the post is about and I'm really OCD about that. That's why I blog and post ever night! lol. But anyway...here ya go...
Today was my second day off. Maria and I went to Animal Kingdom as soon as she got off work. We were done in an hour. I like that park, but there’s really not much to do. We rode Expedition Everest and Dinosaur and then watched the interesting Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle parade and then we left. The parade was cute and funny to watch and it was very interactive because the park was dead. But definitely not as good as the other parades. One dancer came up to us and read our buttons and said “you’re celebrating life? Congratulations!” It was hilarious.

So after Animal Kingdom we went to Epcot and rode Figment and then left. Lol. We got bored easily. I LOVE FIGMENT! I traded my only crappy pin for the cutest Figment pin today at Animal Kingdom. This cast member just randomly walked up to Maria and I and asked us if we wanted to look at his pins. He had Figment and I took it. I love pin trading and can’t wait until I get more. I only have two at the moment.

I also got the cutest Figment picture. And then Maria and I took pictures in the photo booth. It was so much fun.


We were going to spend the evening in Epcot and watch Illuminations, buuuuuut we decided to go to Magic Kingdom instead. Hehe. We love Magic Kingdom! And we can’t stop singing the Wishes theme song so we decided to go watch it for the second night in a row. So we ate at Casey’s corner. We had to wait in line for like 30 minutes, but my corn dog nuggets, fries, and sprite were sooo worth it! We watched the some of the Electrical Parade and as we were walking to go find seats for the projection and fireworks show we saw that Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen had no line so we went and said hi to them. And let me tell ya, Prince Naveen is sooo cute! And funny. The end of the parade was going by and he looked at me and asked me if I knew Peter Pan and I said of course and he told me to do him a favor and wave at him. So me and Naveen waved and said hi to Peter Pan together. Lol. Then they both asked to look at our pins and then asked us where we were from. We told them Oklahoma and Wisconsin and then they asked us where we were really from because they knew we were part of the family now. How they knew this, I have no clue. So we told them where we worked and they officially welcomed us to the family. It was so much fun to meet them. They were the first characters I’ve actually met so far. We got their autographs and our pictures taken and then said our goodbyes. I love interacting with the characters. Especially the face characters because they actually talk to you.

Then we watched our show and sung really loud to Wishes and then dilly-dallied in the park to try to avoid the huge mob that rushes to the monorail after the fireworks. So we went to try to get Dole Whip, but they were closed so we walked back through Frontier land and Liberty Square and saw the cutest older couple dancing in the street. That part of the park is dead at that time. But it was one of the cutest things ever. Before we left we stopped at the ice cream parlor and were the last customers of the night and got sundaes and enjoyed them on the curb while watching people leave.  
Then we rode the long bus ride home with people from another country (I don’t even know what country) trying to sing American songs. It was so annoying and flippin’ hilarious at the same time. They tried to sing what I think was Hotel California and other songs, but that was the only one I could sort of pick out. Lol.
I’m sooo tired and I don’t want to go into work tomorrow. I just want to play all the time! Lol. But I especially don’t want to go in because I’m supposed to work even though the park closes at 8! I’m not understanding why I have to work an hour and half after close. It’s ridiculous. So I think I’m going to try to get an ER (early release).
Can’t wait to crawl into bed…

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blogs with all the pictures! I miss you soo but i LOVE your pictures so I can see your beautiful face! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it Megs! Especially the beautiful weather. It has been snowing again ALL day and we have a chance for 2-3" more on Sunday and another 5-8" Tuesday/Wednesday. No fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're having so much fun, but save some energy for work. We're getting cabin fever here, snowed in with the grandparents. We only get out to take grandpa to dialysis. More snow on the way, too. As the song said "Baby, it's COLD outside." :) I miss you. dad

    ReplyDelete