Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I know it’s been like for.ever since my last post. Super sorry. But here’s what’s been going on:
Faaaaantasmic
On Thursday I finally went to Wal-Mart which was an adventure since I had to take the bus. It took me an hour to get there and then I had to try to carry all my groceries back on the bus. It was not the funnest experience. Then I walked to chick-fil-a for lunch and then me and the roomies headed to Studios to watch Fantasmic. We got in line at and the show didn’t even start until . But since they only do the show two nights a week, people go crazy and it’s packed like you wouldn’t believe. It’s so worth the wait though.
Friday nothing spectacular happened. I was on the streets and I had Tiki zone all night.

Let Me See Ya Shake Your Tailfeathers!
Saturday I was super excited because I went in at and got off at . I’m usually going in at . lol. Going in that early was nice too. I was in Frontier land and I got to see Mickey and Minnie over by Splash. They have cute frontier outfits, but today was the first time I got to see their cowboy and cowgirl outfits. And OMG, they are so cute. Minnie has the most adorable white high heel cowgirl boots. Too cute. I had TSI zone which is Tom Sawyer Island. When you’re there that early you don’t have to pull trash until around . But after that I had to pull it almost every 30 minutes because we were sooo busy! Saturdays are crazy people! We also had over 500 baton twirlers in the park for the parade. I also got to go to the morning Track Talk which was interesting ‘cause all the senior cast members work in the morning. I also got to see Ryan who was my first “trainer”. So I worked on the streets that morning and then I had a Safety In Motion training class that afternoon. It was so boring. They cram you in this little room and teach you stupid safety tips. But I was just glad to be in the air conditioning and not dealing with trash.
Sooo I got off at and the park was open until so Maria and I decided the night before that we were going to meet up when we got off and play. So I changed and went straight up stairs after I got off and met up with her.
We went to Move It Shake It Celebrate It! I love Move it Shake it! So we danced in the street with Chip and Dale. We ate at Cosmic Rays for dinner and had a beautiful view while we ate.

Then watched the Electrical Parade, MMY, and part of Wishes. We didn’t want to fight the monorail crowd and we were super tired.
Broghan had to leave due to certain circumstance so we went home and helped Broghan pack up her things. She had to be gone by 11 Sunday morning.
Sunday: After she left we had to go pick up new keys because they changed our locks. Then after security came to make sure Broghan was gone, Maria and I went to Hollywood. We got fast passes to Tower of Terror then ate delicious corn dogs for lunch that Maria swore we didn’t sell. Lol.

Then we did the Back Lot tour, saw the Hannah Montana chicken coop and rode Tower. Then we had to head back home because I had to be to work my . When we got home I had to take a nap because I was exhausted and I was working until 4 in the morning!
When I clocked in at I was put on parade clean up which was ridiculous because the parade didn’t start until 7 and doesn’t get done until . So I was standing around for an hour. I don’t really care for parade clean up, but I like it because I get to watch the parade. So we did parade clean up until the fireworks started. Then I watched wishes and MMY, pan and broomed, watched two other custodial members do water art (that’s where we use our pans, brooms, and water to draw characters on the pavement) and went back to waiting around for the next parade at 9 to start. But before the parade I was told to go on lunch. So for the first four hours of my shift I pretty much did nothing. Custodial is like the easiest job ever. Then after my lunch I got assigned to Pirates zone which I’ve never done and was freaking out about because it’s a Que zone which means I have to pull the trash in the Pirates ride line. But this super nice guy walked me through the entire zone and helped me pull my trash before he went to his zone. I do like Pirates zone for one reason and that’s because I love the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack and they play it over by pirates. Then when we were done I had another break. After my break I went back to the zone and then Pirates broke down. So I was bored out of my mind because it’s an extremely small zone because most of it is the ride and you can only pan and broom so much. So I went back stage and wasted time with some other CPs and we went on a road trip to find a vending machine that takes credit cards then we walked backstage all the way to the Splash break room where I put in an ER request because it was 2 in the morning, I was bored, and extremely exhausted. Then I got a call to go on my last break. Because I was taken out of my zone for my break that means I was going to be tasking the rest of the night. Which means time was going to go by sooo slow. But thankfully one of the CPs who has been here for a few months already, talked our manager into giving me my ER. So I got off at . Let me tell ya, I don’t like getting on the bus after I get off and the bus driver tell me good morning. It’s ridiculous. I don’t know why we were open so late. We were open until for regular guest and then had EMH until for resort guest. EMH is always so slow. But we’re open late every day this week. It’s ridiculous. And on top of being open late, we have 2 parades and 2 MMY every night. And I’m in the streets all week! It’s crazy.
I haven’t been keeping up with my blog because of my crazy hours and because it’s been crazy here with Broghan moving out. And she took the router so we had to get a new one so we were without internet for like a day. Lol. My room is so empty with Broghan gone.
But my curtains came today (Monday)! Thanks mom! Now the sun isn’t blaring in my face all the time when I’m trying to sleep.
I don’t go in until tonight (Monday), but I’m working until . Bleh…and then tomorrow (Tuesday) I have my first twelve hour shift. I am not looking forward to that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment