Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh I Don’t Need My Big Toe Anyway

So nothing too exciting happened yesterday. I was supposed to be in streets and was there for like 10 minutes and then I was pulled for restrooms. I haven’t been in a restroom in almost two weeks. I almost forgot what they look like. My roommate did finally move completely in last night and is now officially living here all the time. She seems really nice and she’s really quiet and kind of keeps to herself, but that might just be because we don’t know her very well. But I do know we both like sleep which if you know me is highly important in my book. I took a nap before work today and I when I woke up she was also taking a nap. Lol. I still don’t know how to pronounce her name. And I saw her name tag on the dresser today and she’s from Kenya. Which is way cool. So I’ll have to ask her about that when I see her again. She works front desk at one of the resorts. I think she’s going to be a good fit here.
Today I was in streets; Adventure land and Liberty Square (Ad/Lib). I started in Jungle zone. While I was dumping my trash in the dumpster behind Pirates another Cast Member asked me if I could open the big double doors for him so he could get the big 8 liner through since it won’t fit through the regular door. So I’m opening this huge door and it swings in towards you and then I rolled a 200 pound door over my big toe. (I don’t know if it’s 200 pounds, but it’s huge! Lol) Omg, it hurt so bad. But I survived. At one point I was supposed to pick up recycle which I haven’t done yet. And I was dreading it because the cart we have to use is bigger than me and I can’t see over it. But thankfully one of the guys switched with me and I got to pick up Tiki zone and he did recycling. On one of my breaks one of the girls I work with was off the clock and bought a funnel cake with strawberries and whip cream and shared it with me. It was so flippin’ delicious. Then I had to close out Potato and Riverwalk which was super easy. Then I got to walk around with my favorite manager, Lauren, to check if everyone closed out their zones. After we did that she sent me over to Main Street to see if they needed help. And they didn’t so I came back to the break room and did nothing until Lauren finally gave me an ER. I don’t know why she didn’t give it to me earlier, but whatever.
I’m supposed to work tomorrow, but I’ve heard their freaking extending park hours tomorrow which means I’ll get forced extended until . I was so excited to be getting off at a decent time. But not anymore! The only good thing is that tomorrow’s my Friday.  : D

1 comment:

  1. Crazy girl! I love you so much and love hearing your stories. We miss you but know you are having a blast. Take care!

    ReplyDelete