Tuesday, February 22, 2011

12 ½ hours...Too Much

Today was my first 12 hour shift. Well technically it was 11 ½ hour shift, but I was there 12 ½. And I worked every bit of it. I was in a zone all day. I didn’t task or anything. Went in at and got assigned TSI zone. While I was in that zone a lady asked me where I could get a times guide and I told her any of the merchandise shops have them. And then I offered to go get one for her because the crowds were ridiculous. I don’t know why we were so busy for a Tuesday, but geez louise. Anyway…the look on this lady’s face when I offered to go get one was priceless. I don’t think she could believe that I would go get one for her. So I enjoyed that. I love guest interaction! Then I was put in Pecos and called for parade clean up for the parade. I guess that was kind of a break from working. I had like 30 minutes before the parade got to Liberty Square so I went around and handed out stickers to kids. It was so much fun, but of course once you start handing them out everyone wants one. But I loved interacting with the kids. There was a make-a-wish boy and I seriously tear up every time I see those kids. It absolutely breaks my heart. I pushed the power vacs for parade clean up. Those things are bigger than me and I can’t see in front of it. But I managed not to run anyone over or suck up any little kids. Lol. It was so hot today! I felt so gross when I came home. Then after Pecos I was in Splash Que which I hated because it was crazy busy because it was hot. And I hate trying to find all the cans in that stupid que line. It wraps around like a million times and there’s 10 million different ropes I have to cross and it’s just ridiculous. I got so frustrated I caught myself mumbling out loud. But while in the line I did get my first “How many Mickey’s are there really?” question. There was this guy and he asked what character was over behind us and I said Mickey and Minnie and he was like, “they sure do get around a lot”. Then he was like, “There’s got to be more than just one, right”? And I looked at him and said, “nope, there’s just one…really. They use pixie dust to get around”. He looked at me and said, “I’m 32 years old”. And I said, “Ok…I’m 20, there’s only one Mickey Mouse”. And then I walked off. It made me smile. Because there really is only ONE Mickey Mouse. J Finally I got a break and then took over BTM zone. Which isn’t my favorite, but I’ll take it over Splash. Ok, so I literally got lost in the Thunder Mountain line. Last time I had BTM there weren’t very many people so I could find the trash cans in the que line pretty easy. But tonight there were a butt load of people and I haven’t done this zone enough to know it very well. So I found 4 cans and was missing two. So I’m trying to make my way through the line of people with a huge trash bag and I got completely disoriented. I was cutting through ropes and then at one point I was going up stream and then I would come to a dead end and have to turn around. It was a nightmare. And then I finally found the shortcuts to the two cans I was missing. So I now know where all the cans and shortcuts are for the next time I get BTM. Funny story: I was cleaning the smoking section in BTM zone and this guy came up to me and started talking and told me he was here for a convention. So I asked him what kind of convention and he said a health convention. I found it kind of ironic that he was here for a health convention and was smoking. And then Big Thunder broke down. It seems like every time I have a que zone the ride breaks down. Lol. So I had nothing to do. But soon got my last break and took over flippin’ Pecos again. And when the park is open late, Pecos gets to Golden Oak as well because it closes early. So I had to close out two zones. Let me tell ya, it was one heck of a day. My feet haven’t hurt this bad since my first day. But I did get another ride home so no bus for me.
Tomorrow we’re celebrating Heather’s birthday early. Super excited for that! It’s my weekend! Thank goodness.
Yay I’m all caught up. We’ll see how long it last. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment