Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Audition Day!

I know I didn’t post anything yesterday, but nothing happened. The most exciting thing that happened was that I tried to get an ER (early release), but that didn’t happen. But anyway…
Today was audition day! It was a face character look-a-like audition for CPs. There was one at and My plan was to get up and go to the early one so I could meet up with Maria and Heather in Epcot later on. Buuuut, it was seriously impossible for me to get up this morning. Lol. So I slept in and decided to go to the later one. I figured there would be fewer girls at the one anyway because most of us work closing shifts. After I finally got out of bed I figured I should do something productive so I tried to do laundry. Well that was an epic fail! I went to put money on my laundry card and stuck a $20 bill in and the freaking machine ate it! So I went to the front desk and the lady was like “well we suggest that you only put $5 dollars on your card at a time”. And I’m thinking, well thanks for telling me now! Then she told me that they’ll only be able to refund me $5 dollars, but it’ll have to be tomorrow because the manager isn’t in today. I was like are you freaking kidding me?! Only $5?! UGH…whatever. So I have to go deal with that tomorrow.
So I forgot about laundry and started to get ready for my audition. Which took forever because I didn’t know what I was supposed to wear or what to do with my hair or anything else. So I settled on my Mickey workout pants and a cute top. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty nervous, but not super nervous because for face characters they look for specific features and if they don’t pick you there’s really nothing you can do about it. So either they like you or they don’t. We were supposed to check in an hour before the audition so I took the bus to the Animal Kingdom rehearsal facility with like a million other girls. Lol. I met this one group of girls on the bus and we all kind of hung out in line and talked. One girl was already a “fur” character performer and she was shorter and smaller than me. It was cool listening to her talk about work and all of her stories. So we got to auditions about 15 minutes early and there was already a line all the way down the hall. When they finally started checking us in, they measured us and gave us a number. I measured right at 5’3” and I was number 67. There were 251 girls! And I heard there was another 300 at the earlier audition.
After about 170 girls checked in they started taking us back. They took groups of 50 so I was in the second group. They took us back into these dance rooms with mirrors all around the room and lined us up in rows of 10. There was a judge at the front of the room behind a table and row by row he would look at us. It was the most awkward thing ever. He would just stare and each of us. Lol. So when it was my lines turn I was pretty much the only one he looked at. It was so awkward because I didn’t know whether to look at him or look somewhere else or if I was supposed to smile or not smile. It was weird. But like I said, I was pretty much the only one he looked at and then I could see him write something down next to my name. So needless to say I was pretty pumped. After he went through each row he told us he was going to call out some numbers and then whatever numbers he didn’t call could leave. It’s a pretty brutal process. They are looking for such specific features it’s ridiculous. So he started calling numbers and he called 67!!! I was so flippin’ ecstatic! Out of the 50 of us in the room he only called 4 numbers. And I was one of them! The girl who was already a character performer was standing next to me and after he called my number she grabbed me and said “have so much fun”! She was so cute and bubbly. The judge told me and the other three girls that after they went through all 250 girls they would call us back and do another “look through” and there would be another cut and then another cut after that. So it was still a long shot, but I was just so freaking happy I made the first cut! I cannot tell you how happy I was! It was the best feeling ever! So I went out to wait in the huge room we started in. It was really sad to see all the girls leave who didn’t make it. Pretty much a big waste of time. They finally got done with all 251 of us and there were only 21 of us left. I was felling so lucky at that point. For there to only be 21 girls out of 251 and for me to be one of them is amazing. So they lined us up in one of the dance rooms again and this time there was two judges and it took them a lot longer to stare at us. They were also talking about us, but they turned on music so we couldn’t hear them. Lol. I pretty much knew I was done for when they just skimmed me over and didn’t talk about me and when I could tell they didn’t write anything down. Needless to say they didn’t call my number. Which was like the worse feeling in the world. I knew from the beginning it was a long shot, but I was still hopeful. And making the first cut is like the worse tease ever! Lol. They only called out 4 girls from the 21 of us. And they were all tall. I was the shortest one out of the bunch. So apparently they were only casting for princesses which they could have told us that before I wasted my time! Lol. Because I know I’m too short to be a princess. But I’m totally fine that I didn’t make it. I just liked the experience. And making the first cut was totally worth it. There’s another audition in March for all character performers including face, fur, and parade. So I’ll probably audition just to audition. But I’m not sure because it does really suck not making it. Lol. I guess we’ll see.
My pins came in today! Maria and I ordered some cheap crappy pins on eBay so we could trade for good pins while we’re in the parks. So we’re super excited about that.
I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my day off tomorrow. I know we’re going to MK to watch Wishes, but I want to do something with my morning. I just don’t know what.
I’ve been yearning to watch Eclipse ever since it came out on DVD and I just haven’t went and bought it yet. So I was saying something about it tonight and Maria was like I brought it! So that’s what I’m going to go do. And I’m pretty excited about it. I’m not gonna lie. J
Don’t forget to have a Magical day!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for even trying. You have to try again in March. You're not the quitting type, and you'd be such an adorable pixie!! Been thinking about you this morning. We woke up to the foot and half of snow from yesterday and MINUS 17 degrees this morning. Both were new records. It's pretty outside, but I'm not going out there to experience it. I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with dad! You definitely have to give it a shot in March. You made the first cut this time - you'd be crazy not to with so many more options. Freezing here. We miss you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete