Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Love My Weekends!

Yesterday’s shift was awesome. The park hours got extended an hour to 10 which means I got force extended an hour which sucked. I was supposed to get off at 9 which I was really excited about because 9 is a decent hour these days. But I ended up getting off at 10. But it ended up being ok. I was in Frontier Land. I went in at and ended up starting with parade clean up. But I got to do what we call parade basics before the parade. I got to blow bubbles and hand out stickers to the kids. So much fun. We had to put the power vacs up in the shed after the parade because there was no night parade. We lock them up back behind Splash Mountain and that’s where Jesse and Woody come out at. And as I was pushing it back stage I almost ran over Woody. I manage to miss all the little kids, but almost take out the 7 foot Woody doll! Lol.  
I’m starting to become friends with people at work. Up to now we’ve been so focused on doing everything right that we haven’t really talked to each other or had the time to talk to each other. But now we’re comfortable at work and we’re getting to know the ends and outs and what to do and what not to do so we actually have fun now. Obviously in custodial there are a lot of guys. So I have a lot of guys I talk to. And us girls are kind of close because there are not a lot of us. So yesterday I was in a super slow zone and so was another CP guys and our zones we’re right next to each other and we stood there and talked to each other for 30 minutes until it was time for track talk. I really do love my job. It’s so much fun and super flippin’ easy. I’m not stuck in one place and I get to walk around and I talk to guest all day long and just enjoy the beautiful weather. Now I know when it gets hotter I’m going to wonder why in the heck am I here. But right now I like it. After my lunch break I got my closing zone which was BTM. Usually everyone closes out their own zones, but when I got there I got a call from the girl who was doing Splash and she said that me, her, and another guy were all going to close out BTM, Splash, TSI, and Briar Patch together. So we tagged teamed it and got all four zones closed in about an hour. It was awesome. The team work here is incredible. Like I said, it was a great shift. One of the best ones I’ve had. And it’s all because of my fellow cast members. It’s also because Jesse waved at me, Mickey blew me a kiss, and Minnie said hi, all back stage before they went on stage. Usually characters don’t acknowledge you when they’re backstage. So that was fun.

Then there was today…my day off! Today was the first day of my Exploration Leadership class. Maria and I are taking it together. When we finish it in eight weeks we’ll have our Mousters degree. Lol. I was enrolled in another class where if I finished I could have had my Ducktorate, but I dropped it because one class is enough. I didn’t want to spend both of my days off in a classroom. But the class is fun, and it’s really informative. I think I’m going to like it and get a lot out of it. Then Maria and I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then headed to Wal-Mart. I hate going to Wal-Mart. I really truly do. We we’re going to get stuff to make a pot roast tomorrow, but apparently Florida doesn’t know what Auju mix is so we can’t make it until my mother sends me some. So we’re making tacos and burritos instead. We’re supper excited to be making a home cooked meal. We can’t stand to eat noodles and frozen pizza again this week. That’s seriously all we eat.
We all went out to Bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) tonight. It’s like the thing to do on Wednesday nights. Here, Bdubs is more of a club scene than a place to eat. At least on Wednesday nights. It was crazy. Inside they have karaoke and outside is just one big dance floor and they have a DJ and everything. It wasn’t too bad until about . We were trying to leave and it was so crowded it took us 10 minutes just to get to the door. It wasn’t that great. The dancing was fun, but not with everyone walking around drinking. And now I have two big X’s on my hands because I’m under 21 that are never going to come off because they flippin’ use permanent marker. Oh well. I guess now I can say I’ve been there done that. Then when I got home I was reading facebook statuses and saw that my church college group back home got together at our college ministers house tonight and got shut down for having the “Jesus rap music” too loud and for the strobe light being too bright. When I read that I laughed because that happens all the time and then I got extremely home sick again because if I was home I would have been there. I miss the college group so incredibly much! I was doing ok with the home sickness lately, but that just shot it all to pieces. But it’s ok, Kayli, Heather, and Kristen will be here in less than two weeks! I’m sooooooooooooooo flippin’ excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment