Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Your Journey Begins Here!

CHECK IN!!! It’s here it’s here it’s here! After 87 days of waiting, I’m here! Check in went so well. I don’t think it could have been any better. Disney has it down to a science.

We all met up at 20 of 7 J at Vista Way and got in line. We were only about 50 or so people back. Promptly at they let us in and we walked to the Welcoming Center where we were greeted and given a name tag.

Then we signed some papers and went through some lines and met so many people. Housing was the only thing I was really nervous about because I wanted all four of us to be together. But it all worked out! We didn’t get either of the complexes we wanted. We wanted a 2 bedroom Patterson, but our only options we’re a 2 bedroom Vista Way or a 4 bedroom Chatham. And there was no way we were going to room with 4 more girls! So we took the lesser complex so we could be together. And it’s really not bad. The apartment isn’t the greatest, but it will work. J And everything happens for a reason! We’re also ok with Vista Way because the buses stop here first and almost everything is held here. Then we went to casting!

At casting, as soon as we walked in we stood in a line where they came around and told us where we are working. Cody, my college rep., told me a couple weeks ago because he had the list. So I already knew, but it was to know for sure. I’m working in the Magic Kingdom! And so are Broghan and Heather! And Maria is working at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I’m sooo excited! I get to see the castle every day and watch the parades and see the fireworks! It’s going to be awesome. And my sticker says custodial streets, so I’m really hoping that means no rest rooms, but I’m going to be ok with whatever. We also got our training schedules. Tomorrow we have the day off and then traditions is Friday. Heather and Maria have AM and me and Broghan have PM. I wanted AM so we would have the rest of the day to hang out, but this way I get to sleep in. J Check in only took a grand total of 3 hours. And they made it as fun as check in could be. There’s really only so much fun that can be had while waiting in lines. But after being shuffled through line after line and receiving paper after paper, we were finally able to go check out our new home. Then after unloading all of our luggage we had to go to the mandatory housing welcome meeting which is really really long. The first hour or so wasn’t so bad but after the hour and a half mark I was ready to leave! And ours was earlier in the day so we were done by 5 which gave us the rest of the evening to finish unpacking and go get stuff we needed from the stores.

It was great day. Extremely exhausting, but really good. 
Tomorrow we have the day off so I’m going to breakfast with my mommy before she leaves and then I think I’m going to go the informational meeting about the classes offered and then we’re all going to the welcoming party! It’s themed Arabian Nights so Aladdin and Jasmine and Gene will be there. J It’s going to be super fun!
It’s only going to get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment