Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goodbyes Abu Life Guards Random Dancing and Tough Ballerinas

Oh wow…what a day! :D I just can’t get over how amazing every day is here.
I woke up this morning at , after staying up until with the roomies, to go eat breakfast with my mommy before her flight. We went to ihop and it was yummy. Then she dropped me off back at my apartment and we said our goodbyes. It was hard, but I did a lot better than I thought I was going to. Don’t get me wrong, tears were shed and I miss my mother terribly, but it wasn’t the sob fest I was anticipating.
So after the goodbye, I took a shower in our TINY shower and got ready to go with Maria at to an informational meeting about the classes Disney offers. So we walk over to the building a couple minutes early which was in Vista. I tend to find more and more perks about living here everyday. The door was locked so we had to wait and while we were waiting we met Trevor. He is super nice and is really good at keeping conversations going. I love people like that. So we got to talking and comes and goes. I looked at our paper and the flippin’ class started at not ! We all felt really dumb. But we all could have sworn the lady at casting said 1, but I guess we should have double checked our paper. So we decided to catch a bus over to Patterson Court and check it out because we live at Vista and Trevor lives at Chatham and we wanted to know just how nice Patterson is. And let me tell ya…it’s nice. Super quiet. Like almost creepy quiet. But it’s so nice. And then we found a random girl, names Kristen who was nice enough to let us see her apartment. Yep, super flippin’ nice. But they don’t have a bus stop.
So from there Maria and I went back home to an empty apartment. Come to find out Broghan and Heather found someone who could let them in the parks. So we just hung out until the next meeting time. So at Maria and I tried this whole information class again. Lol. Trevor saved us seast. I ended up signing up for Creativity and Innovation and the Exploration Leadership class. Maria and I have the leadership class together.
Then it was time to get ready for the Arabian Nights Welcome Party! Which was literally in our backyard. We could see it from our building. We got free pizza, there was a DJ, and Genie, Abu, Aladdin, and Jasmine all came to see us!

We got our picture with the Genie and Abu who is seriously the cutest thing ever! But by the time we got to Aladdin and Jasmine they had to leave. Soooooo….we went to Downtown Disney with a few people. We walked Downtown twice and stopped at Lego land and Maria and I danced randomly in front of a large crowd. Disney is definitely getting me out of my comfort zone. It was so much to hang out with everybody! I’m amazed at all the amazing people I’m meeting already! It’s only day two people!
When we got back home Broghan and Heather were there. So we all talked about our days around the kitchen table while all on our computers. Being on our computers at the same time, usually all on facebook, seems to be a nightly ritual. Then we played Apples to Apples Disney! So much fun! We played until all 80 green cards were gone. We ended up with some interesting combinations like though ballerinas and we would all break out randomly in song. We all sang the Hannah Montana theme song at one point. And yes, if you turned on our TV right now it would be on the Disney channel. Lol.
Today was another beautiful 75 degree day. It snowed 3 inches back home.
Tomorrow is Traditions! I get my name tag and my ID which means free park admission!!! We’ve already made plans to for sure watch Wishes at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow night. Cant’ wait!

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you are having so much fun. I'm a little jealous, but I hope you learn so much and grow from this. We miss you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete