Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to Our Family!

This blog is going to be the death of me. I get home late every night and have to get up early, but feel like I have to write. Oh well…I really want to be able to look back on this one day and relive all of the AMAZING memories I’m making.
Today we were officially welcomed with open arms into the Disney family. The song “Welcome to our Family” from brother bear is playing in my head. It’s pretty much perfect.
I had Traditions this afternoon. I would of rather had it in the morning so I would have had the rest of the day off, but Broghan and I had is this afternoon at which was ok because we got to sleep in. In every other CP blog I’ve read, everyone says you’re not supposed to talk about Traditions, but no one said anything about that today. So I’m going to hit the highlights anyway. I won’t go into detail though just in case. So Traditions is just where they go over how to work for Disney and what we should be doing as Cast Members and blah blah blah. It was a 4 and a half hour class. And they try to make it fun, but just like with check in, you can only do so much to make it entertaining. We did get to go to the Magic Kingdom through backstage which is totally wicked! And we got to wear flippin’ sweet ear pieces! The only thing that SUCKED was walking around in business clothes while it’s absolutely pouring and having to share an umbrella. We were soaked. And because they cancel the parades when it's raining, we were the 3:00 parade. lol. And then Mickey Mouse came and visited us and officially welcomed us into the family and gave us our name tags! :D

And then it was finally over and I got to go home and get dry clothes and take off my shoes that were torturing my poor feet. Everyone says to wear flats to Traditions because you do a lot of walking, but honestly, any shoe you wear is going to kill you especially when it’s raining cats and dogs.
So after Traditions, even though I was exhausted, I met up with Matt, Chris, Adam, and Brian to go watch Illuminations at Epcot. We ate at Mexico and it was pretty darn delicious. Then we watched the fireworks!
I think it’s safe to say I could get use to watching fireworks every night. J
Well tomorrow morning I have “Once Upon A Time...is Now” training at . :/ So I guess I better get to bed.
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment