Monday, January 17, 2011

Well Hello Orlando!

So I woke up at this morning! Ugh…it was pretty awful. I did some last minute packing in my carry on and then we we’re out the door and on our way to the airport. So let me paint this scene for you:
Mom and I go to check in while Stephen parked the car. After dealing with a very grumpy check in person and checking my bags in and saying a little prayer that my bags end up in the same destination as me, we headed up the escalator to head to security. As we top the escalator all I see are bright green posters. Kayli and Kristen had made me signs! Sammy and Mike were there too! And they were all blowing Mickey Mouse party blowers. I’m super glad they were there to say goodbye. I seriously have the best friends ever…

I hate goodbyes! I started to tear up when I hugged Mike, Kristen, Sammy, and Kayli, but I completely lost it when I turned around and saw my baby sister bawling her little eyes out. We’ve never been separated or away from each other for longer than a week.
So after all the goodbyes, me and mom went through security and headed to our gate and the long day that lay before us. While waiting for our first flight I colored a Mickey picture:

We had a lay over in Dallas Fort Worth and then a long, 30 minute delayed, 2 and a half hour flight to Orlando. James was with me all day: 
And then finally…we made it! I’m actually in Florida and it’s beautiful here! Even though it was raining and foggy all day, it’s warm and gorgeous. So we check in to our hotel and then headed out to try to find dinner. We seriously drove around for an hour trying to find a Mexican restaurant because that’s what we wanted. And we finally found a little whole in the wall that wasn’t too bad. Then we ventured to Wal-Mart to try to get most of the stuff I needed, but half way through, me and mom both looked at each other and decided that we were too flippin’ tired from traveling ALL day to shop any more. So we’re going to finish tomorrow after we sleep in! There are already so many CP’s here! They we’re all over Wal-Mart and there are a lot staying in our hotel. I met one on the elevator when we arrived and there is a very loud group of CP guys in the room next to us. Wal-mart was pretty picked over too because everyone needs the same stuff. So we’re going to the Wal-mart a little down the way to see if they’re not as picked over.
I can’t believe I’m actually here and everything is fixing to start! I’m ready to have the time of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment