Saturday, January 22, 2011

Magic Magic and more Magic!

Oh…my…goodness…today was so much fun, but sooo flippin’ exhausting! If anyone ever gets the chance to do this program…DO IT! It’s amazing and you will have the time of your life.
Everyone says to wear flats to “Once Upon A Time…Is Now” training, but just like yesterday no matter what you wear is going to suck. I stood and walked so much today that there was no prayer for my little feet.
Like I said, I had “Once Upon A Time…Is Now” training today which is the park orientation for cast members working in the Magic Kingdom. There’s a lot I can’t talk about, which sucks because you know I would so tell you every little detail. But I would get termed and I really like it here. Lol. But I’ll hit the highlights of what I can tell you or think I can. There are so many rules here and so much to remember. There was sooo much information today that I’m totally on overload!
So I had to get up at this morning to catch a bus to Disney University. It was sooo cold today. The high was 60 and felt like it was below freezing. Or at least to me it did. In this training class today they take you on a tour of the Park or at least as much as they can in 4 hours. We didn’t even get through half the park. But it was cool to listen to the history and learn fun little facts you never knew. You will never look at the park the same after you do this program. There are so many little details that a lot of people don’t realize because they’re going through the park so fast. We also got to ride Buzz Lightyear and the Haunted Mansion. And keep in mind, I did all this and got paid for it. It’s a pretty good deal if you ask me. And then after 4 hours of tour we split up into small groups with our trainers and did some more exploring. I got lucky and got a custodial group of just three of us and our trainer. His name was Ryan and he was awesome! And pretty cute I’m not gonna lie. ;) We walked around and talked about custodial things and saw Philharmagic and rode Pirates of the Caribbean.
Cool fun fact: they were filming the new TBS show “Are We There Yet?” in the Magic Kingdom today.
I also got my costume today! The costume building is seriously like a mall. It’s way cool. And I’m so happy that they play normal people music and not Disney music in costuming and backstage. It keeps us from going crazy. Lol.
 I also got my schedule for the coming week. Tomorrow I have Custodial Core training and then I have Monday and Tuesday off. And then I have training Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. :/ I’m excited though. Ryan got us really pumped up to be on the custodial team. We really do have the best job in the parks.
After I got home after a 9 hour day of training I came home, changed, and then was out the door again and headed BACK to Magic Kingdom to play with the roomies. It was so cold!


We rode Pirates and Haunted Mansion and then we caught the Disney Electrical parade! It was sooo cool! Watching the parade really does make you feel like a little kid. I waved to everyone and I decided that I’m in love with Peter Pan! I want to find and meet him so bad! J

I skyped my family tonight! It was so much fun and definitely something I’ll be doing a lot of!

I’m sure there is something interesting I’m missing, but I’m so flippin’ exhausted I can’t even think straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment