Sunday, January 23, 2011

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind

I’m starting to get my days really mixed up! It does not feel like tomorrow is Monday. It’s probably because I have tomorrow and Tuesday off.
Today’s training was ok. Definitely nothing exciting. I had custodial core training. It was at Disney University and I was in a classroom all day going over custodial basics. We learned how to clean up a blood spill, how to scrap gum, how to do a trash run, and of course learned how to clean up the all important code V or protein spill aka…vomit. It really won’t be as bad as everyone thinks it will. We have this really good chemical that absorbs it right up and then we just sweep it into our pans. Training wasn’t bad, but it will be so much better and a lot more fun when we’re actually out doing it in hands on or field training. I was having such a hard time keeping my eyes open today, it was awful. And then after lunch in the Mouseketeria we had computer training which was just as bad as morning class training. We sat at computers for three hours watching boring, but I guess important, videos about blood borne pathogens, guest with disabilities, chemicals, and we also got a tour of the Hub. Which is Disney’s own personal part of the internet. It’s where our schedules are posted, where we can find discounts, and check out other activities going on. So after I finally got done with that boringness I went to go catch the bus home. And of course right as I’m walking to the bus stop I see the housing bus pull away. I was like really? So I had to sit there for 20 minutes until the next one came. (Because our housing buses usually run every 20 minutes from each location). And taking the buses really isn’t as horrible as everyone makes them out to be. I think there awesome. They come very frequently and you get to where you’re going safely and without the worry of getting lost. And you meet a lot of people. I love taking the bus that goes to Epcot because that’s the bus all the International CP’s take. I love hearing all the different languages and accents. It’s so much fun!
I really wanted to just go home and sleep because I was so exhausted, but of course I went out and played instead. Maria and Heather had the day off and spent the day at Hollywood Studios, so I met up with them.

We waited in line for Tower of Terror, rode that, and then met up with the boys who were already standing in the Fantasmic show line. The was already full so we had to stand for an hour and half and wait for the showing. And they’re only showing Fantasmic two days a week now so we really wanted to see it. And oh my goodness…it was amazing! Definitely worth the wait!

I’m finding that it’s really easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of your job and job training here and forget where we are. So Fantasmic tonight really reminded me again of just where I am and what I’m calling home.
Every now and then there will be a certain song that plays while I’m at the parks that will really just blow me away and remind me of just how amazing Disney is and what an amazing opportunity I have to be here. Tonight it was “Color’s of the Wind” from Pocahontas during Fantasmic. I almost cried, I’m not going to lie. Just watching the amazing effects and being surrounded by amazing people and an amazing company is just awesome. I’m so busy here, but I realized tonight that no matter how busy I get, I need to stop everyday and just appreciate where I am and that’s Disney! I’m living at Disney. I’m literally eating, sleeping, drinking, dreaming, and breathing Disney! It’s the coolest thing.
The top of my right foot is still really swollen for some reason. I have no idea what I did to it. It’s been swollen and hurting ever since mom and I went to the parks last Tuesday. I don’t know if I pulled something or just really bruised it. But of course it can’t get better because I’m constantly walking all the time here! So I’m icing it right now in hopes that it will help.
OMG! Exciting news…all us CP’s received an email last week saying that there will be female character look a-like performer try outs on February 9th. I’ve decided that I’m going for it! I mean why not?? I have nothing to lose. So I was doing research and I’m too short to be any of the princesses, but I’m perfect height and weight to be Wendy from Peter Pan or any of the Fairy’s from Pixie Hollow! My dream would to be Tinker Bell. J So here’s hoping I’m not scheduled for that day or that my schedule will work out to where I can audition. I’m super excited! It’s kind of a long shot, but this journey is all about adventure and taking risks and stepping out of my comfort zone. So here I go!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! And good luck - you would make a GREAT Tinkerbell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i told you you would be a PERFECT tinker bell! : )

    ReplyDelete