Friday, January 28, 2011

Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!

So today was my official second day of on the job training. And it was restroom training. =/ I know right? I can tell you right now that I’m not going to be a fan of restrooms. And it’s not because I think they’re gross or anything, I mean they are, but I don’t like them because there is a lot to cleaning the restrooms. A lot you have to do and remember.
First of all you have to remember where all the bathrooms are and most bathrooms are paired with another bathroom so you have to remember which restrooms are paired with which, which is super confusing because some of our bathrooms are under refurbishment so all the pairings are messed up. And all the restrooms are assigned a number and some have two numbers, but there’s no number 8. I don’t know! Super confusing. But anyway…
It was me, my trainer Jackie, and the another trainee again today. We talked in the break room again this morning for like an hour and a half before we went on stage. And somehow we got on the subject of Tinkerbell! Of course we would. So after our awesome long talk that I could barely keep my eyes open through, we walked all the bathrooms which took forever.
And then at it was time for Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! This doesn’t happen in the West, it happens in the Hub in the South right in front of the castle, but Jackie is an awesome trainer and took us over and let us dance. For those who don’t know, Move it Shake it is a street party. It’s where 5 floats with characters on them and dancers on the street come down Main Street with loud music and park at the Hub. After they park some of the characters get off the floats and then guest get to dance in the street with the dancers and characters. What’s super cool is that it’s the only thing other than character dining’s where guest get to really interact with some of the characters. And it’s so fun to watch the parents get into it as well. I’m not gonna lie, I took everything I had not to cry (tears of joy!). Disney will never cease to amaze me. It’s just awesome to watch cast members interact with guest and I can’t even describe to you how amazing it feels to watch little kids light up when they see the characters. It’s incredible to be a part of something so wonderful. So yes, as lame as it sound, I did almost cry. But I held it back and danced my butt off in the street! It’s so much fun to pull kids in the street and have them dance with you. And everyone’s doing it so you don’t fell like such a goofball. Lol. And I love the music to move it shake it! It will put you in a good mood no matter what kind of day you’re having. The only thing that sucks about move it shake it is that at the end they pop streamers and we have to get them out of the bushes and trees. Lol. (youtube it if you want to see what it is).
So after we danced we went to lunch and then it was time to do some actual cleaning in one of the bathrooms. So we went down to the Splash Mountain restroom and you would think it wouldn’t be that busy because Splash Mountain is closed until the 1st, but it was really busy. And after we cleaned for a bit and learned everything we needed to know, we were done for the day. It really wasn’t a bad day and it went by really fast. So I’m done with training! Yay! Oh and I did get an earning my ears sticker today. Go figure. Lol. Tomorrow is my assessment and then I start by myself on Sunday.
I cannot wait for Sunday because my shift doesn’t start until which mean I get to sleep in!!! I just have to get through tomorrow. And I’m planning on just staying in the park after my shift ends tomorrow because I have to get a funnel cake or just some type park food! It smells so flippin’ delicious! J

1 comment:

  1. Eat a funnel cake for me seester :( I miss you terribly....and I'm really jealous!

    ReplyDelete