Wednesday, January 26, 2011

West Side!

So today was my first day of on the job training. Which is stupid because it was pretty much just another orientation class.
Ok, so first of all I got up at to catch a flippin’ bus when I didn’t even have to be there until . Don’t get me wrong, the buses are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be and they are super convenient. But it really sucks when you have to get up an hour earlier than you should have to and you get home an hour later than you should. But anyway…I finally arrived at the Magic Kingdom Utilidors like an hour earlier than my shift was suppose to start so I was going to try to find my locker. Well that was an epic fail. The Utilidors are so freaking confusing! I know it’s just one big giant circle, but still! And I don’t know if it’s just me, but the tunnels (utilidors) are super ghetto. Like they’re not joking when they say they put all their effort into putting on a show on stage. Because it’s apparent that backstage gets no attention what so ever. I mean it’s not horrible, but I would so rather be on stage than off.
So I didn’t want to look like a dumb CP that didn’t know what they were doing, even though that’s exactly what I was! So I just kept walking and walking until I found the white bench I was suppose to meet my trainers at. And then I sat there for 40 minutes because I was so dang early.
Today was my first day to wear my costume. And I know I said I would have pictures, but I was so flippin’ tired after work that I didn’t want to put the effort into taking a picture. But soon though! So my costume…first of all, it’s white which is absolutely retarded for custodians to wear if you ask me. Second of all, it literally took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to put my stupid name tag on. And let me just tell you, I have never had so much stuff on my belt loop in my life. I’m not exaggerating, there was something hanging off every one of my belt loops! I had my pouch, my squeegee, my gum scrapper, my water bottle, and towels! I was like seriously? This costume already swallows me and now I’m not going to be able to walk because it’s weighing me down! Lol. And OMG…there is sooooooooo much freaking information that goes along with custodial! I’m seriously on over load. First we have to know which chemicals to use on what because there’s only like a biggilion! And then we have to know the park inside and out. We have to know what time the shows start, where every flippin’ restroom is, what time other parks close, what food is sold where, where the smoking areas are, and all these freaking phone extensions that call a million different things. Then we have to now where to clock in, how to get our assignments. We have a laminated card with like a gaggilion radio codes on it. We have to figure out how to use the radios, how to get restroom keys, where the supplies are. We have to figure out which stair cases leads to what opening on stage. It’s freaking ridiculous! Like I said, overload! But I’m hoping once I actually start doing stuff on stage, everything will get better. I hope.
So because I’m training I’m suppose to have an “Earning my Ears” sticker for my name tag. But I never got one. Everyone else has one, but not me. I was forgotten. Which I’ve decided is not a bad thing because this way not everyone knows you’re a new dumb CP. Lol. But I’m sure I’ll get one tomorrow.
So back to the beginning of my day…we started out with stupid flippin’ e-learning again! I’m so tired of sitting at a freaking computer for hours and staring at the screen while a monotone voice tells you stuff you’re never going to remember. It’s awful! Especially when you can’t keep your eyes open for nothing! So after that was done, I really can’t remember what we did. Boring crap. Eventually we took a lunch break and then got back to boring stuff. We went down and figured out our pan and broom locker situation. I’m sharing a locker with some dude. I think his name is Jonathan. We have a bottom locker and when you open it roaches scatter. Yah, awesome right?! So we all got brand new pan and brooms and were warned that they will get stolen. I was like, well that’s real reassuring. But I guess that’s what the custodians do; they steal each others pan and brooms. Especially if they’re new. My goal is to be that very small percentage of CP’s who keep their same pan and broom the entire session. We’ll see. Then we finally went on stage to do another freaking tour. We went up and down so many stairs and in and out so many dang doors! I have never been so confused.
I can’t remember if I said where I’m working. But I’m working the West Side! I feel like a gangster every time I say that. Lol. The west side consists of Adventure Land, Frontier Land, and Liberty Square. So that’ll be my domain unless for some reason someone calls out and they put me somewhere else. Just incase you’re wondering, the East Side is Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land. And the South Side is Main Street. I would of loved south because they get the parade and get to watch the fireworks from the best view, but Main Street is also super super busy. So I’ll stick with my West Side.
So after I clocked out I tried to find my clothes/personal locker again. And what do you know, I still couldn’t find it. I have never seen so many lockers in my life. So tomorrow I’m going to take the time to work myself through the maze of over a few thousand lockers, literally, and find mine. 803 has to be in there somewhere! After work, I was going to go to Cast Connections and Property Control to shop, but I couldn’t figure out how to get to them. They’re in the back of the cast parking lot, but there’s a huge fence that I can’t figure out how to get around. So I walked the huge parking lot for 15 minutes trying to figure it out with no luck. So I went to costuming instead and got an undershirt because my jacket swallows me and a super sexy hat that eats my head. Yah, great day. But I do have to say I really enjoyed hearing Owl City in the tunnels while walking to lunch today. I almost burst out singing. Adam Young can turn anyone’s day around.
So I came home and went straight to sweat and a tank top. Then I had to lie down for a few minutes because I was exhausted. But I didn’t want to sleep so long that I couldn’t go to sleep tonight, so I got up and had some roman noodles and watched Hannah Montana and now I’m going to bed. Yay! Hopefully I’ll actually get to do some training tomorrow.
So after today let’s just say I’m really hoping to get character performer because I just can’t see my little self lifting humungous trash cans and pushing that humungous vacuum thingy (I can’t remember what it’s called) that they push around after parades that sucks up trash. Seriously, it’s as big as I am. So I’m thinking little, green fairy, pixie hollow thoughts. J

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Better luck today. Love and miss you. Tonights the first family night with no Megs.... Maybe we can all skype you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So, that's a lot of stuff... Hope today goes better. We love and miss you lots! Try to Skype us tonight if you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made me laugh sooooo flippin hard ~ Hange in there, I am soooo very proud of my little trash girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so this is your little sister on mom's email lol but OWL CITY will always make your day! lol Everytime I hear them I'm like MEGS!! lol :( this sucks. I'm stuck doing algebra II and your dancing with mister incredible. Ya lamo. lol (: LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete