Sunday, August 25, 2013

Vanilla Dr. Pepper!


Last day of training! I’m going to miss Carol so much. She was awesome. I hate it because you spend all week with this one person and then you like never see them again. Especially Carol because she also trains over at MJT as well. Since today was the last day it was pretty laid back. There is another trainer/trainee pair that we’ve kind of spent all week with. Katie and David. I had DAKlamation with Katie. She started training before me, but because she had the last two days off I was able to catch up so today was both our last days. So the four of us kind of spent all day together. We started by doing the flash card game again. But this time it was me and Katie going back and forth. Not to toot my horn, but I totally dominated. Lol. Then we did bird flash cards and I again totally won. Lol. Not that we were really competing. Haha. I really do know all my birds. I named all of them except one, the White Vented Bulbul. And I’ve seen every one of them in person except one, the Amethyst Starling. Just throwing this out there, but I really like the bird keeper. His name Carlos and he’s pretty funny. He has to count all 247 birds twice a day! When Carol and I were in there the other day he found all of then except two Teveta Golden Weavers. No mind you, there are 136 Golden weavers…lol. I’m not envious of his job. LOL.

So after wasting almost two hours with that we ate lunch and then went out to the trail. Carol and I picked up Outlook with the family group of gorillas then Rehab with the Colobus monkeys and then we goofed off in Research with the African Bullfrogs. Then we took a fifteen before we had to do parade… =/ LOL.

Oh and I did take the bus two hours early this morning so I could go to costuming. I needed a rain pouch most importantly to keep my rain gear in, a new hat because I had the wrong one, some other extra small shirts because all mine have stains on them I didn’t know about, and a coat because one of my managers said to get one early. Well I pretty much did it for nothing. There were no more extra small shirts and absolutely no more rain pouches. So I still have no way to carry my poncho.

So when it came time for parade it was cloudy, but not raining…yet. So we set up for parade which consisted of putting up poles and ropes and then standing and saying hi to guest for an hour. It did try to rain. It sprinkled pretty consistently until the parade started. And then the second float broke down during the parade, another floats speakers went out, and something was wrong with goofy’s costume because he held his face the whole time. I think it had something to do with getting completely soaked to the bone yesterday. But it was no doubt an interesting parade. Lol.

But I do have to tell you about this little girl we were standing next to. She was so stinkin’ precious. She was really little, but talked very well. I’m thinking she was about 4 or 5. Well Katie’s trainer, David, went up to her and said, “hi Tinker Bell”. And she said, “I’m not Tinker Bell”! So he asked her who she was and it sounded like He-man, and she got really upset that he called her He-man. Lol. I guess her name was Hime. (it sounds like Heemah). But it was too funny. And she had a First Time button on and he asked her how she was liking her visit and she just kept talking about how she was waiting for the parade and she just really wanted to see the parade. Lol. Disney kids are the best.

So I said bye to Carol L And I feel pretty good about my assessment tomorrow. I tried to talk a lot while we were picking up positions today and I definitely know my facts so I should be ok.

When I got home the roomies (Rachael, Kerie, and Katie) were going to go find a Dairy Queen and they invited me so I tagged along. Well it turned into a mini road trip. We first had to come to the rescue for Lynn because she left her lunch at the apartment. So we drove to Downtown Disney and finally found Lynn. I literally haven’t seen her in almost a week so I got to see her through the window and that was nice. Lol. She looked so cute in her custodial costume. Then we headed to DQ. Well on the way we talked about how we all love Sonic and that it sucked that there were none any where near us. Now mind you that they are every two miles in Oklahoma and I had a vanilla dr. pepper every day. Well we decided to look up where the nearest sonic was and what do you know? There was one right next DQ! I was soooooo excited!!!! I got to eat a sonic cheeseburger and get a vanilla Dr. Pepper! It was pretty much amazing. But it did take us like 30 minutes to get there. Not 10 like our phones said. Lol. But it was totally worth it. Then we had to rush back to the apartment because the VMA’s were coming on! Lol. So we literally sped for nothing because we thought they started at 8 not 9. But then we wanted ice cream so we rushed to McDonalds and no one knows how to drive in this stupid town and we ended up missing the opening. But that’s what reruns are for. Lol.

So now I’m sitting on the couch with (most of) the roomies watching the VMAs J And can I just say that Miley Cyrus is a complete freak now and Justin Timberlake is a cute as ever. Lol.

So tomorrow is my assessment day. I’m kinda nervous, but I should be ok. Then I have two days off! I found out that my days off every week are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Which is pretty cool because Mondays will be my Fridays. Lol.

Oh I do have to say that I miss my camera……I had come to terms that I wasn’t going to have it while I was here and I was ok with it. Well now that I work on the trails with these amazing animals it makes me want my camera sooo bad! L

No comments:

Post a Comment