Monday, August 26, 2013

I Earned My Ears!


Yep! I earned my ears! I passed my assessment. It was super easy. My assessment trainer was super laid back. I showed up and David had a new trainee. I sat down and the first thing David said was, “Craig, this is Megan and she’s looking for a boyfriend. She’s single”. I was like OMG! I’ve never been so embarrassed. Lol. And he kept it up all day. At one point he said it was his goal to get us dating. Again I turned 50 shades of red. Lol.

Anyway…the assessment started with a multiple choice test. But if I didn’t know an answer my trainer went over it with me so it wasn’t like I could fail. Lol. Then we went out to the trail and spent time in every position. She said I did great, that I approached people, and was very smiley J All the animals were out so it was super easy to talk to people. Then we did lunch and since we finished everything we pretty much just goofed off the rest of the afternoon. We went up to Rafiki’s Planet Watch which is a really underrated part of the park. I like it because it’s a working research and veterinary facility that people can see and watch real procedures being done. But it started raining so our visit was cut short. We were able to catch a ride with one of our managers on the Pargo cart so we didn’t have to ride the train back down. That was nice because it was pouring and I got to see some backstage areas that a lot of people don’t get to see. I was able to walk through the APA (Animal Programs Administration) building. It again amazes me how many people work for Disney! There are so many people you don’t see. And there is a building and department for everything!

So I’m officially done with training! I start my regular shifts on Thursday. I have six hour shifts for the next week and half. Most days I go in around 1 or 2 and get off around 7 or 8. Totally ok with me. I get to sleep in and still get off at a descent hour.

Working six days in a row totally caught up with me as soon as I got home. I literally came home and passed out! Lol. I’m so going to enjoy the next two days.

So I’ve been trying the change my address on the Hub (cast member website) but I can’t do it from my computer. So I did it at work today. We have to change our address because the address in the system is our home address not our Florida address. And our maingate passes are sent to the address in the system. Well I didn’t change my address in time because of the way my training schedule was set up. We couldn’t log onto the Hub until our training and my training started after our maingates were sent out. Which sucks, but I told mom that they’ll be sent to the house and just to send them to me when they get there. Well I got on today and my mailing address in the system is actually the address I stayed at on my last program at Vista! So my maingates are being sent to Vista Way…I was like are you kidding me? Nothing can be easy with Disney. Lol. So I have to call the apartment I use to live in tomorrow and tell them my maingates are coming and hopefully they’ll call me back when they show up. ugh…lol.
So I’m hoping to maybe go to a water park in the next two days. And I have to go to Wal-Mart…again. I feel like I go there once a week.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! glad you got your ears. Sounds like you are having a great time. Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete