Thursday, August 29, 2013

One Day Down...


Well I survived my first day. I was really excited this morning, but as it got closer and closer I was getting really nervous. I clocked in and got my first assignment. I was first in Rehab (Colobus Monkey’s) and then Viewing Blind (Okapi’s) and then Research (Naked Mole Rats) and then got my first break. Then I came back from break and was put back in Research for two hours! And then got rotated to the Aviary for another half hour. At this point the trail is closing and I haven’t had my second break. And after continuously standing for hours you really pay attention to when your breaks are suppose to be. Lol. So finally I get my final break and 15 minutes is just not long enough. So when I came back the trail was closed and the park was closing. Gotta love those 5:00 closings! Lol. So since I was scheduled until 6:30 I was closing the Village. Which kind of sucks. Lol. Pangani is the only attraction that has to close the village and there are only two people who close every night. So me and this other cast member have to stand in the African Village and wait for the restaurant to clear out. And we can’t leave until everyone is out….and people take their sweet time eating. So I got to stand some more. Let me tell you…my feet hurt so bad! Lol. At least in custodial I could sit every now and then. Lol. So the people finally leave and I get to clock out at 6:45. It is super creepy walking out of the park by your self. At least the sun was still up. lol. I will tell you it was awesome closing and still getting out before the sun even thought about going down. Gotta love Animal Kingdom! So I got home around 8:30…stupid bus. But I’m not complaining. My roommate works until 3:45AM one day next week. I do NOT miss Magic (Tragic) Kingdom. Lol. I’m working 11:30 to 5:30 tomorrow. I’m loving these shifts.

I’m soooooo exhausted. Fixing to head to bed. Sitting on the couch with my Tinker Bell blanket and watching National Treasure right now. I get to skype two of the nephews tomorrow because they’re staying at GiGi’s. I’m super excited. I miss those precious faces.

1 comment: