Tuesday, August 13, 2013

EPCOT....jk Animal Kingdom....jk EPCOT....jk......

YAY for check in!

So I had to get up at 4:00 yesterday morning :/ But I was so excited I really didn’t mind. We got to Orlando about ten till 7:00 so we were able to stop by chick-fil-a and get some breakfast before I had to head to check in. Check in was definitely different this time around from my last program. First of all they let cars into the complex. Last time we had to line up outside of security. So they dropped me off around 7:15 and there were already a million CPs in line, but I was able to find Rachael and Michelle so that was awesome. I didn’t have to go through check in alone. (Even though I knew exactly what to expect). It was so weird being back at Vista and seeing the building I stayed at last time. But check in was much faster than last time. The DORMS system really helped. All the roommates ended up being together and we’re living in a three bedroom apartment at Patterson Court (our first choice). Yay! My roommates are awesome! We all seem to get along really well.

So we get our apartment keys and have our pictures taken for our housing IDs (which turned out horrible!!). Our faces are so fat and squished. Lol. Then we got to wait in line to get our work locations! YAY! I have been anticipating this moment from the time I accepted my offer to be in the program. I felt like my whole program was riding on this moment. So we give them our name and they put a sticker on the back of our program guides that say where will be working. Well I look on mine and my perner number is different than what it should be. I should still have the same one I had on my last program, but I didn’t really pay attention to that too much because my work assignment is also on this little piece of paper and that’s way more important at this moment! Lol. So mine said EPCOT FW East which means EPCOT Future World East side, but I still didn’t know exactly what ride yet. You usually don’t find that out until you start training. So I was a little disappointed because I was really wanting Animal Kingdom. One because of the hours (the latest they’re open is like 9 unlike Magic Kingdom where I got home at like 3 in the morning) and second I just wanted a completely different experience from my last program. But I was still excited because EPCOT is a great park and two of my roomies were working there. So I accepted it. But on top of that my sticker was colored yellow which apparently meant I had to get drug tested. Yippy-freaking-skippy. So then we got our schedules for the next couple of days. I had casting at 9:30 (right after check in). Then on Tuesday (the next day) I have my drug testing at 1:30 and then Wednesday I have the housing meeting at freaking 4:00 and then Thursday is Traditions. And I’m super happy because I have the morning class so I’ll get to play in the parks the rest of the day! YAY! And Lynn has it with me and this is her first time to Disney so I’ll get to be with her when she goes to Magic Kingdom for the first time J

So we got our schedules then we had to make sure our direct deposits were set up correctly. Well of course mine wasn’t and of course I freaking forgot to bring a blank check with me and my check book was with my luggage with Aunt Christie so I got super pissed because first of all I checked and double checked my numbers when I set this all up online and second because the lady was super rude and I had to be put on a freaking pay card. So even though I can switch over to direct deposit my first two paychecks will go on a pay card >:/

But anyway I finally let that go because it’s too early to be getting upset. Lol. So I loaded the bus for casting and was with Michelle. Rachael had casting the next day so she was able to go scope out the apartment for us. Casting was so much shorter than last time thank goodness. So the first room we go to they give us folders with stickers on them just like the ones on the back of our guides. Well the lady showed it to me and asked if that was me, but I hesitated because the work location was different! It said AK – Trails Operations. So my first thought is “OMG I’m actually in Animal Kingdom”. But when I asked the next person I came to they said to go by the one on my program guide and that it was a mistake. So my dreams got shattered and I was still at EPCOT….lol. So we move on…wait in more lines…sign our names…get fingerprinted…wait in more lines…sign our names…and then we get to the very last part. I hand the lady my stuff and she hesitates because there are two Megan Johnson’s on her paper. Remember my perner number situation earlier? Well one Megan Johnson has the one that’s on my sticker and one has my old number. So I tell her that I think they are both me and they have just messed up given me a new number for some reason. So she asked someone and they said just go by the new one and maybe they can figure it out at traditions. So I go along my way.

Yay for being done with casting! So Michelle and I got back to Vista and drive her car to Patterson. So we get there and of course we’re on the third floor. So lugging our stuff was a nightmare and freaking hot! All of us kind of arrived at different times during the day. I got all my stuff unpacked and where it’s suppose to be. I was so proud. Lol. Last time I lived out of my suitcases for like three weeks.

So I’m chillin’ at apartment trying to get the freaking internet to work, but for some reason the router won’t connect to the internet and that’s frustrating me to no end! When all the sudden I get an email from Disney. So I open it up on my phone and it says that there was another Megan Johnson who checked in today and she received my welcome paper and I hers. Well I’m thinking, “no, it wasn’t another Megan, it was me just with the wrong number”. But that didn’t matter because further on down it said I was actually working at Animal Kingdom!!!!!! HECK YES! Well it also said there was a letter attached with the right information and there wasn’t…..so I had to call someone at Disney University. And he told there actually was another Megan Johnson from Virginia and our numbers actually did get switched up. So I printed my new papers and sure enough…Animal Kingdom – Trails Operations!

I figured out what happened and when I went to get my sticker at check in the lady didn’t look at my perner number on my boarding paper work, she just looked up my name. (Way to go Disney). But everything is all sorted out and I’m exactly where I’m supposed and want to be and she’s at EPCOT. But I still start training on Sunday.

Then Michelle was nice enough to take us all grocery shopping. I was really stressing out about this because I don’t have a car and I really didn’t want to take the CP bus to walmart for my first grocery run. One because taking the bus sucks to begin with and second because when you live in Patterson you have to catch the bus at Chatham which also means it lets you off at Chatham. There’s no bus stop at Patterson. So I would have had to carry a million and one groceries from one apartment complex to another. So I was very thankful she offered to take us.

Well when we get back to the apartment the AC isn’t working anymore. It was working just fine when we were moving our stuff in, but now there is no display and it’s hotter than you-know-what in this apartment! We tried to call the front desk, but of course they’re closed so I set my alarm for 9 in the morning so I can call them first thing. Because this is ridiculous! I’m literally sweating in my apartment…..

Well we decided to go down to Downtown Disney for bit. Which was so much fun. Then it was back to our miserable apartment.

So now I’m laying on top of my bed wanting to go to sleep because I’m so exhausted, but there’s no way I’m going to be able to sleep because I’m so uncomfortable! Yeah….awesome.

1 comment:

  1. So...this made me exhausted! :-). Love you! Hope they get your A/C running soon.

    ReplyDelete