Sunday, August 18, 2013

I’m a Walking/Talking/Moving Information Sign


So I had DAKlamation today! It’s park orientation for Animal Kingdom. So I set my alarm for 5:30 because I had to catch the bus at 6:35 so I would get there at 7:00 and have time to find the building by 8:00. Ridiculous I know. So I had a map of where I was suppose to go, but when I got off the bus I just followed some cast members who obviously didn’t know where they were going so I ended up taking the long way around, but I did get there with 45 minutes to spare.

The park is huge! There are bicycles backstage for cast members to use to get around back stage because the park is so massive. We learned that it’s 10,000 acres and the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood would all fit inside the Animal Kingdom comfortably. Crazy I know! And we walked the whole park for orientation…But we started out riding Kilimanjaro’s Safari before the park was open so we got to see all the animals. That was pretty awesome. All three lions were out, we saw the new white rhinos, and both baby giraffes.

Then after we walked every land of AK we finally got to eat lunch in the Pride Rock Cast Member Cafeteria. And let me just say that the Mousecateria at MK is way better…lol. Then I found out exactly where I’ll be working! I’ll be working in Africa on the Panagani Trail…Jambo J For those of you who don’t know what that means…You know those signs at zoos in front of exhibits that tell you what is in the exhibit and then gives you tidbits of info? Well that’ll be me. I’ll be a walking/talking/moving info sign for the exhibits along the trail. Super exciting I know. Lol. I’m actually looking forward to it. It’s obviously laid back and I get to interact with guest all day. And my costume isn’t that bad. I pretty much look like a Girl Scout leader. No joke. It’s a mint green shirt with forest green pants and I even get a safari hat. Woo hoo. Lol. I’ll post a picture tomorrow.
I also got the rest of my training schedule and not only was I off the last two days, but I’m off the next two days as well. So I have no idea what I’m going to do with all the free time, but I’m not complaining.

1 comment: