Thursday, October 14, 2010

And so I Wait...

Soooo…for those of you who don’t know, I’m applying for the Walt Disney World College Program for Spring 2011. And if you don’t know, the WDWCP is a program for college students that allow them to live in Orlando and intern with Disney World. It’s a great opportunity to gain some work experience and Disney look great on any resume! I saw flyers at TCC and thought that it would be awesome to intern at Disney but just blew it off because I thought it would be impossible to get in, but one day I actually read the flyer and looked it up online that night and the next day I applied. In order to be accepted into the program you have to apply, pass an online interview, and then do a phone interview.
So I had my phone interview Tuesday night at and I feel like it went really well. There was only one part/answer that I would have changed. And I’m really hoping that it doesn’t ruin my chance of getting my top role. Here’s hoping!
My phone interviewer was super nice and really bubbly. I guess no matter what job you have in Disney you HAVE to be bubbly! But hey, it IS Disney.
She asked me basic questions such as any felonies, confirmed my e-mail, if I lived in the US, if I was taking at least one college class, and if I was 18. Then she went over the “Disney Look” to make sure I looked normal. Hehe. Then she asked why I wanted to be in the program. And then she asked me about the living situation and what I thought the biggest problem with the living would be. Then she asked me about which roles I would be willing to do (at Disney they are called roles not jobs, because at Disney we are constantly putting on a show). Right off the back she asked me if I would be willing to do Character Attendant before she asked me to name off my top roles or anything else which was really weird. I then gave her my top role and why. Now I’ve read that they only ask you for your top 3 but she didn’t stop me after 3 and I ended up giving her 5 and including Character Attendant we talked about 6! She asked me questions about all 6. Here’s my top 6. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (which is a Boutique within Cinderella’s castle were little girls come to be made into princesses!). Attraction (which is operating one of the rides, loading and unloading people). Front gate operations (taking tickets and whatnot). Photopass photography (those people who try to take your picture). Custodial (cleaning the parks, but A LOT of guest interaction). And apparently character attendant lol (helping the characters get around).
So she asked me specific questions about each role. For BBB she asked what would I do if a child was hesitant to get her hair done? For attendant she asked if I was ok with public speaking and how I would handle an emergency. For front gate operations she asked, since I would be the first person a person would meet at the park how would I make that first meeting magical? For photopass she asked if I had any experience with photography, what kind of camera do I use and what my favorite picture was that I’ve taken and why was it special. For custodial she asked how I felt about cleaning and if I’d be ok will all the questions that guest ask. And for character attendant she asked why I would want to do that role. She also asked question like do I work better alone or with a team and what pace do you prefer to work at. It was pretty easy. Like I said, I only have one regret. And that’s when she asked me if I had any hair or make up experience for BBB I just said no and that was it. I should have been like, well I don’t have any professional experience but I do work with kids and occasionally play with their hair and I’m a fast learner! Ugh! Oh well, it’s in God’s hands now.
The interview lasted 26 minutes and 25 seconds which is a really good time! But she was 6 minutes late on calling me. Which drove me crazy!
So now all I have to do is wait. Which is going to absolutely agonizing! They say it takes 3 to 4 weeks to know if you’ve been accepted. But I’ve read that some people have gotten their emails 2 to 5 days later and others who had to wait 6 weeks! So here’s hoping it won’t take very long. I’m being positive!
Ever since I’ve learned about the program I’ve done nothing but research it. I spend hours reading other CP’s blogs and read every discussion board about WDWCP. And my family is really sick of me talking about Disney. But I don’t care because I’m sooo excited! If I get accepted I’ll be gone for 7 months from January to August. It would such an amazing opportunity. And plus, I get into the parks free! So hopefully I’ll be working for the mouse in a couple months!
Until next time….have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment