Saturday, September 28, 2013

Halloween Pins and Dancing

So….we went to the Halloween party Tuesday night. It was miserable. Lol. We decided to be ready by 5:30 so we could get there a little early. Well with girls I should have known that wasn’t going to happen. Lol. We ended up leaving around 6:30 so we got there as soon as the party started. It was suppose to be all of the roommates because it was Katie’s birthday (we’ve been planning this for a month), but only four of us ended up going. So that didn’t help the situation. My costume was cute, but itchy and my wings wouldn’t stay up so I didn’t get to wear them. That didn’t help either. THEN it rained…that REALLY didn’t help. But I did get to meet Tink. That was really all I wanted.

 
Oh and Terance :)
 
I did get some candy and got to see the parade. It was pretty stinkin’ awesome. Except the headless horseman wasn’t going because of the rain so that really sucked. That’s like the highlight of the parade. But Christopher Robin is in the parade along with the grave diggers who scrape shovels on the pavement which is awesome. The villains are in it along with the hyenas from the Lions King! And the Boo to You Parade song is the best.


We did watch the fireworks, but we were a little too close to the castle to really see them. But they were still pretty fantastic. I was done with the whole thing around 10:30 and when I’m done with something, I’m done! And I’m gonna be in a pissed off mood until I’m back home. And that’s what happened. Michelle and I got separated from the other two girls and couldn’t get a hold of them and ended up sitting on a bench for 45 min waiting for them to call us back. And it was cold and I was exhausted and it was just not good. So we ended up getting home around 1 and I went straight to bed because I had work in the morning.
So needless to say it will not be one of the highlights of my program. Lol.

Works been good. I did have a kid step on my toe the other day asked if my boots were steel toed. Um…NO. But thanks. And did the parents do anything? Of course not. I have had a lot of fun with the Wilderness Explorers lately. And there have been a lot lately. I have found that if I’m at a position I don’t like if I interact with the Explorers whether I have a badge bag or not it makes it much better. For example, at Rehab (my least favorite position) I make sure the Explorers are finding there trail markers since the person at Entrance usually doesn’t tell them to and by the time they get to valley (at the end) for their Hiking badge they’ve missed all the markers. So that makes some positions a little more fun.

I had parade yesterday. And let me just say it was pretty much the stupidest day ever. First I almost showed up to work 2 hours early. We have a big calendar on the fridge that everyone writes their schedule on so we all know when we’re all working and once I write my schedule on there that’s usually what I go by. Well it said 11:45 to 7:30 and I know that’s what the HUB said because I remember thinking that it was going to be my longest shift yet and it was freaking 15 min short of being an eight hour shift. WELL when I got to the bus stop something told me to check my schedule. Mind you the bus just turned the corner. Sure enough it changed and I didn’t have to be there until 1! I remember the day before at work seeing my schedule for the next day and seeing that it was 1 it just didn’t click. Sooooo thankfully I didn’t get on the bus (I would have been pissed beyond belief if I would have gotten all the way to work and found out) and I walked back home and watched the Office for an hour. So I eventually get to work and I knew the day was going to be kind of weird because I had parade, but instead of going home afterwards I was going back to the trail and had to close the Village that night. And I was only scheduled a 30 min break for the whole shift. Well I got that 30 min break 30 min after I got there! I was like seriously??? I just ate before I got to work and I still have six hours to go! So I was pissed. Then parade came after my break. So this is only the second parade shift I’ve had. I was assigned to be the clipper. Which consist of clipping the ropes before and after parade. Which sucks because we got new ropes with new clippers and they hurt your thumb! So yeah. I really do like parade because after you set up you literally stand and walk around for an hour talking to guest. And the African street band/street party is playing and they’re so much fun to listen to. I caught myself at one point standing there listening to them and looking around and thinking to myself that I love my job and I’m working at the best possible place in Disney J So after parade we don’t have to clock back in until 4:30 and we usually have about 10 – 15 min to spare. So the coordinator who was on parade let us dance to the street party (they play before and after parade). It was so much fun!

Then I headed back to the trail and I was still bitter about having to work three more hours without another break, BUT I did end up getting one more 15 so I was little happier after that. Lol.

So I totally didn’t mention (because I haven’t blogged since then) that we had a baby African Pigmy Goose hatch in the Aviary. But I found out yesterday the dad accidentally crushed him L He was sooo cute! So it was nice while it lasted. Lol.

Pin trading…so I ordered pins from ebay before my program because I’m a big pin trader and love to do it when I go to the parks. Well I’ve traded in the parks once. lol. I actually do more personal pin trading at work. Lol. And it’s always with my co-workers. So there are five of us CPs on the trail. And we’re all really close and get along really well which I’m super duper glad about. But we all have work lanyards and every time we see each other we always check out each other pins to see who has the best ones and to see if we’ve gotten anything new. Well I always put extra pins on my lanyard these and days because I always come home with fewer pins than I’m suppose to have. Lol. Because I either trade with a guest and they give me a really good pin and I pocket it or one of the other CPs has an awesome pin and I trade with them and pocket it. Lol. I’m running out of pins to trade so I ordered more online last night. Lol. I’m going to have to get another personal lanyard because I’m running out of room already! But I’m super happy with all my pins so far. I’ve come across some awesome ones!

 
So character auditions!! One of the CPs at work kept saying that there was an audition coming up next Wednesday and I should go, but I didn’t take her seriously because first of all it wasn’t on the Disney Auditions website and second of all every audition that is on there is not for CPs. So I was like whatever. Well come to find out it is for CPs! And that’s why it wasn’t on the website. I guess there was flyer at the front desk of Vista. Ok thanks for letting the rest of know! Ugh…but anyway when I found out we could go I was freaking out because I really want to go, but I was working that day. So I posted my schedule as soon as I found out and thankfully someone picked it up so I’m going!! If I get it, I will for sure have to extend. But that will ok with me. So I’m super excited and super nervous at the same time. I’ve only been to a face audition and all I had to do was stand there and look pretty. Lol. This time I’m going to have to learn a dance. And I don’t dance! Lol. But I’m going into it with a positive attitude and I’m just going to have fun with it.

So I get a three day weekend! Just have to make it through tomorrow. I went in early today because I need to talk to a manager, but of course they all went to lunch at the same freaking time. So I’m going to go in early again tomorrow and try again. After I talk to them I’ll tell you what it’s about. Nothing majorly important. Lol.

OMG Grey’s Anatomy started back up Thursday!!! I worked until 7:30 and of course I closed with Anne Marie who always wants to stay until all the tables have cleared in Tusker whether or not it’s time to leave or not. Well I told her I had to leave at 7:30 because I had to catch the 7:45 bus so I could get home in time to catch Grey’s at 9! Lol. Well I made it and I commandeered the TV for two hours and it was awesome. I love that freaking show! But up until now I’ve watched it on Netflix so the commercials are killer. Lol.
Ok I’ll for sure let you know how auditions go! J
 

2 comments:

  1. Hoping everything is ok (with talking to a manager?) and I wish you the best at your auditions. :) We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Summer! Miss you guys so incredibly much!!!

    ReplyDelete