Saturday, September 14, 2013

Ear Infection

So I was suppose to work Thursday, but I woke up Wednesday night with excruciating pain in my left ear. Like hurt so bad I was crying…so I called in Thursday and went straight to the doctor. And an hour and half and $165 later (so much for having insurance!) he told me I had a middle inner ear infection and prescribed me amoxicillin. So I ended up not going to work Thursday and I gave away my shift for Friday to go to what ended up being the most ridiculous Disney even I’ve ever been to. But let me back up. I was really upset that I had to call in Thursday because I was scheduled to do a barn tour of the bats and tigers of Asia at work. But Thursday night the roommates and I went to the housing event Octoberfest (yes, in September). Everything was echoing, but at least my ear didn’t hurt anymore. We ended up meeting Snow White and Prince Charming. It was going to be Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder, but the rotated as soon as we got to the front of the line :/ Then we ate dinner which was really horrible German food because it was free Disney housing food. And what kind of Octoberfest doesn’t have some type of alcohol?? So we decided to go to Downtown Disney and get a drink. We had so much fun. I’m so thankful that we all get along so well. Other than the whole dishes thing…that we obviously can’t figure out.

 
Ok so Friday…Karie and I were planning on going to Hollywood because we were the only two off. I wanted to go early in the day, but I really like my sleep. Lol. So around 5:00 we decided to head that way. Well…the bus was packed after picking up Chatham. No one was able to get on at Vista. So we’re headed to Hollywood and traffic is backed up like you would not believe. So we ended up getting off at the Boardwalk resort even though we had no idea what to do from there. We ended up following a crowd to the boat dock that goes to Hollywood. While we’re waiting in line we over heard a lady say that half an hour ago Hollywood was an hour away from being at capacity. So we’re like freaking out and it’s taking us forever to get there. Well the boat ride was packed and the slowest boat I have ever been on. But after an hour we finally got there! And we got in. Woo Hoo. So the event didn’t start until 8 so we had some time to get some food. We ended up going to Pizza Planet because my corn dog stand was closed…I have never seen a queue line for a quick service, but what do you know, there’s a first time for everything. Soooooooooooooo many people!!! Shortly after the even started they stopped letting people in because the park was at capacity. I mean seriously?! The parks don’t reach capacity until Christmas time! When we were done eating it was almost 8 so we decided to go find a spot in front of the hat to watch everything. Yeah, that didn’t happen. We got stuck on a path that was supposed to be moving. Everything was tapped off and you’re supposed to be behind the tape, but there were so many people that nobody cared and the poor people working the event had no control. So we eventually watched the show from the side and we couldn’t even see the stage so we had to watch it from one of the screens. It was pretty awesome though. Hades hosted it with Meggera as his co-hostess. They introduced the 13 Villains one at a time. There was Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Cruelle-de-ville, Oggie-boogie, Captain Hook, Jafar, Bowler Hat guy, Shay Yu, the Big Bad Wolf, Follo, Governor Radcliffe, and Dr. Facilier. There was absolutely no way we could meet any of them because the line was longer than you could even imagine. Like hours of waiting. So we watched the awesome fireworks show and ended up leaving. But the wait for the bus was so long we ended up sharing a taxi with a couple other girls. Omg…the most unorganized, chaotic thing ever. AND I found out today at work that I missed ANOTHER barn tour because I gave away my shift…and it was the gorillas! And they were in there…training! Ugh…I was so upset when I heard that.
 

 
So today at work I had my first parade shift. Pros and cons about parade. Pros: it makes your shift go by super fast and you pretty much stand there for two hours doing nothing. And you get off at 4:30 which is awesome. Cons: it’s freaking hot! Like my clothes were super wet from sweating so freaking much. Oh and people get really pissed off at you when you tell them that everything (including their feet) have to be behind the line. So I’m still not sure how I totally feel about parade shifts.

So summer and mom have sent me packages J I have enough homemade chocolate chip cookies to feed a hippo and my board is looking awesome! With pictures and cards. I’m missing home so much, but I really am loving my program.
Oh and my Halloween costume came in. yay! We’re so excited about our Halloween party in a couple weeks.

1 comment: