Sunday, September 22, 2013

Do I Look Like I Speak Spanish?!

Yeah, so the whole blogging every now and then thing is not working for me since I tend to forget about my blog when I do that.

Nothing super exciting has happened lately. My days off last week were ok. Michelle and I went to Animal Kingdom because I’ve been dying to play there since I work there.
 
 
So of course the first thing we did when we got there was Pangani. Lol. So I gave Michelle a private tour. Lol. Then we did the Safari. Oh we did become Wilderness Explorers, but that didn’t last long because we didn’t want to carry the books around with us so we ditched those pretty fast. Lol. Then we caught the Festival of the Lion King show which was absolutely fabulous! I didn’t see it on my last program, but it is one of the only things I remember about Animal Kingdom from my first trip to Disney when I was younger. But it as amazing. Definitely worth seeing again. Multiple times. Lol.
 
 
 
Then we ate lunch at Restaurantasoraus. Totally did not know that Animal Kingdom had corn dog nuggets! (My favorite Disney food for those of you who don’t know). It was on the kids menu which kind of awesome because it was cheaper than getting them in MK and they came in a sand pail with a shovel! Lol.
 
 
The daily rain shower came while we were eating so we waited it out and then headed over to ride Dinosaur. So this ride freaks me out and I always end up closing my eyes through over half of it. Lol.

            Speaking of Dinosaur the other day at work I was at Savannah when I heard that Dinosaur did a full scale evacuation because there was a Signal 25 alert. Which means it was on fire. Lol. It amazes me how often the AK attractions go 101 (down). It’s Tough to Be a Bug went 101 the other day because Hopper was spuing hydraulic fluid all over the audience. I can’t imagine how pissed people were after that. Lol.

So after Dino we rode Everest of course. Twice in a row because there was no wait. And I never noticed the Yeti until Michelle pointed it out. And it’s freaking scary!! Lol.
                                             (Everest is on top. Dino is the bottom. LOL)
 
We went up to Rafiki’s and met Rafiki. That was by far the weirdest character meet and greet. He snorted and stared at us and it was just weird. Lol. But this is one of my favorite pictures!

 
Then we ended our day with Finding Nemo the Musical. Ok let me just say this is a one time, been there done that thing. I was apprehensive of it to begin with because there are not songs in Finding Nemo so how are you going to make it a musical? Well Disney did it anyway. It was 40 minutes (yes, 40 minutes!!) of puppeteers singing ridiculous made up songs to EVERY scene of Nemo. Like I said…been there done that.

 
 
Then on Wednesday we hung out and went to Bdubs which was nothing worth writing about. I was really tired the next day so worked sucked so I will not be doing that again. Lol.

Work has been ok. I’m getting less closing shifts which is totally awesome. It’s kind of hit the point where it has become just another job. Like all the newness and funness has worn off. lol. A little. I mean I still like it and have a lot of fun and love talking to guest. But waking up has become much harder. Lol. I did get an ER the other day which was great. I can only request an ER (early release) if I’m not closing. So I was suppose to get off at 5, but I put in an ER for 2 and got it. Three hour shifts are the best. Lol. I try not to do that a lot since I’m only getting 30 a week to begin with. But it was a nice treat.

Yeah, I’m not really digging my paychecks. Last week I made a whopping $36 after rent was taken out. =/ It was that low because that was week I missed two shifts. But even full paychecks are not the greatest especially when I’m use to making sooooo much more back home. I’m hoping (kind of) that I’ll get more hours as we start to get busier.

So I’ve got to watch Stationing with the gorillas twice now! I had only seen it once in training. And I seem to always get pulled from Valley RIGHT before they do it. So getting to see it twice in one week was pretty awesome. What does suck about it is the stupid foreign people who think they own the world and can do whatever they want and don’t have to listen to you! I’m sorry if I offend anyone, but the foreigners are really irking me lately. And yes, it’s usually the ones who speak Spanish that are the worse. Do not start fluently speaking Spanish to me and then get pissed when I tell you I don’t speak Spanish! You should automatically assume I don’t speak Spanish. I’m obviously white! Ugh…sorry. It’s just irritating. I mean usually they’ll ask if I speak Spanish before they start asking questions, but I literally had a lady in Savannah start fluently speaking Spanish to me like I knew what she was saying and then rolled her eyes and stomped off after I said I’m sorry I don’t speak Spanish. Like for real??? Get a clue….

Anyway…back to my gorillas. So the keeper comes out and I tell people to please step back and give him room and these foreigners are like all up in his business yelling. I just want to slap them. They are also the ones I usually have to tell to stop whistling or yelling at the gorillas. They’re just annoying. And they always talk so loud! Like they have to yell at one another to be heard. I was in Outpost and had this family literally screaming (Spanish) at each other. I just don’t get some people.

But (lol) seeing Stationing is always awesome. And I really like explaining it to people when it’s over. They’re always really interested. I love the gorillas! Lol.

Costuming still doesn’t have pouches to hold my rain gear so I’m still getting soaked when it rains. Not closing has been fantastic! Lol. I have two closing shifts next week, but that’s it.

Our Halloween party is Tuesday! Oh and I’m really upset because I’ve always had Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, but now I’m getting Mondays and Tuesdays off which is really starting to annoy me….So I have tomorrow off. I really want to go to water park, but I don’t know if I will because I need to finish getting stuff for my costume. All the roomies have Tuesday night off so it’ll be the first time we’ve all got to hang out together and we’re super excited!

So I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to do after the program and stuff and it seems to change like every week. lol. But this week I am for sure extending. I was at the bus stop today and contemplating life (lol) and realized that I’m for sure not going to go full time with Disney. So this will be the last time I’m here so I’m going to make the most of it. Because when I go home I’m going to find a job and get my own place and settle down into the “adult world” so I need to do as much as I can now. And I’m only going to have this opportunity once. I want to get the most out of being here before I don’t have the opportunity anymore. So as of now I’m extending. But we’ll see how I feel next week. lol.

I got to talk to Autumn tonight. Which is always one of my favorite things to do. I miss her sooo incredibly much. I got off at 6:30 tonight and the next CP bus came at 6:33. Well the same thing happened last night and by some miracle I made the bus. I clocked out as soon as I could (which is two minutes early), the Cast bus was as Pride Rock, and I powered walked across the parking lot and made it. So I was expecting the same thing to happen tonight….yeah, no. I clocked out, but the bus was not at Pride Rock so Katie (a co-worker) and I were gonna run. Well if you no me you know I don’t run. I got about three feet and thought I was going to die. So Katie kept running and eventually stopped and looked back at me and threw her arms up. lol. But I guess she flagged down the bus and it stopped for her. Well needless to say I missed it. And the next one didn’t come until 7:15 (stupid freaking buses) so I called Autumn. She always makes me laugh. I seriously cannot wait to see her again.

Let’s see…not much else is going on. Mom and Stephen will be here in a little over a month so I’m super excited about that!

1 comment:

  1. Write these as often as you can. You may think it is silly but I check it like every day for a new post even though I know there probably won't be a new one every day. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete